Default Water flow sensor leak

Well, first day on the lake today lasted 10 minutes. I started the boat up after launching it, and checked the engine while waiting for my wife to park the truck.(and yes, she backs up the truck alot better than most at the boat ramp) Anyways, noticed water leaking from water flow sensor. Tried tightening large plastic ring and still leaked. Brought it home and put some vaseline on the o rings and still leaks. I know it can go in only 1 way because of the notch at the bottom. When I put the sensor in that notch, there seems to be alot of wiggle room and I wonder if that's where it is leaking from. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    2015 Moomba Mondo Surf Edition
    WM 910 Rear sacs and 650 and 550 IBS
    WS 600 WATT Amp- 4 Tower Speakers
    KICKER 800 WATT Amp-Sub
    Ford Raptor 400 6.2 L
    Pro sport 12 Dual Batt Charger
    Acme Prop 14.5 x 14.25

Winston Salem
    North Carolina

Well, I think I narrowed it down to the sensor. There is a tab on the sensor which lines up the notch in cooling plumbing line which appears to have broken off. I talked to my local dealer and it was under warranty. Put it in last night and testing it today.

Maybe this info will help someone.
    KICKER 800 WATT Amp-Sub
    Ford Raptor 400 6.2 L
    Acme Prop 14.5 x 14.25

Winston Salem
    North Carolina

Just a quick update. The new senior still leaked but the dealer resealed the sensor with blue gasket sealer. Good news was it doesnt leak, bad news is I am getting SPN 110 FMI 1 fault code which is a low water flow from that sensor. I talked with the dealer again and that sensor was only on 2015 and 2016 models. They quit putting the sensors on the engine because of all the false faults. The good news is Indmar has a recalibration of the ECM that eliminates that signal since there will be several other faults that would warn you of an overheating engine. Back to the dealer hopefully just 1 more time.
    KICKER 800 WATT Amp-Sub
    Ford Raptor 400 6.2 L
    Acme Prop 14.5 x 14.25

Winston Salem
    North Carolina