Default Moomba Forum HOF's/All Stars

Hi all,

I have been on the forum since around 2012 as a member. I don't post a ton, but do enjoy seeing all the awesome boats and pictures. I also enjoy hearing stories about everyone enjoying their boats and learning new things on the skis, boards, or other water apparatus.

I think it would be kind neat to do a MVP/HOF/All Star list. I guess the criteria is real loose, I was just thinking of people that have posted a ton over the years. It seems like it is kind of cyclical where there are a handful of people that post a ton for a few years, then a new group comes through. If anyone thinks this is dumb or not allowed by the rules, feel free to delete. I'm just bored at work dreaming of warmer weather.

my list: (not in any order)

Stang killa SS

Wolfman

Mmandaly

Trayson

Berg

been around for longer than I can remember and I kinda consider myself one of the longer term OG's on here as I see the website ever-evolving with new boat owners. met several in person and sure I've irritated just as many over the years

sure there's quite a few of the OG's that have taught many of us on here tricks and saved us calls to the stealerships over time.

my list is quite different as most of us this is a passion but a few have this industry as their jobs and to find time to post up on here and help all of us out free of charge means quite a bit.......

Rick Tinker- I know he owns the place but what other boat forum has the ceo posting and stepping in to help new owners solidify the deal.
    Engine Nut- posted a lot of info back in the day to help some of us before these engines became too much to work on.
    the rest of my list are mostly on the audio side as that's where most of the disposable income for boats winds up:
    MLA- great guy that spends countless hours online helping people that never send him a dime.
    Philsails- Kicker guy that used to be a regular on here.
    Dave from Earmark- shop owner in texas that loved to debate.
    Ed from florida. love him or hate him, he brought a lot of drama on here BUT was probably the biggest supporter of skiers choice out there. how many of you have tattoos of Roo?? still hope to meet him someday.

I have learned a ton from the group above and loved some of the old debates that used to spring up. most are gone sadly.....

anyhoo. my .02 from an OG.
    and man do we need a winter again with rotating avatars. that was the best game ever.... best day of that was the day everyone had pink avatars
    Last edited by sandm; 04-27-2020 at 04:27 PM.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Good stuff!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

I am actually an old member who trolls and never post anymore. No list would be complete without a couple of old members who are Kaneboats, Moombadaze, and Waterboy. Waterboy, along with EdG, were the two that started it all with the very first Moomba Jam put on in Clermont, Florida.
    2001 Outback LS

" Son, I'm Captain Jack Sparrow "

I made the list! Haha. Hard to believe I got roped into being a moderator around 10 years ago and still patrol the site almost daily...

I miss the other OG's and Mods who really put a lot of effort into making the forum what it was and is today. Kaneboats, Moombadaze, Newty, Cab, Brain_Rinse, Wolfman. SandM - glad you're still here. Ed and your 400 aliases we wasted a lot of time banning, not so much.

Like many of you I've had the chance to meet some new people in person and share a beer that I became friends with through the forum. I'm in Washington state and I now have "boat buddies" in Florida, South Carolina, Arizona, California, and of course some local guys.

Still lots of great projects shared on here but with all the new hardware and tech they don't seem quite as extreme as the old days where we were cutting holes, heating and bending panels, building up bigger and bigger stereos, going crazy with LEDs, adding PerfectPass, etc. So much of that stuff comes direct from the factory now.

Two things remain constant though - the quest for a better surf wave. Ballast, lead, shapers, you name it.

And the great guys (and ladies?) on this forum who are willing to share their ideas, experience, memories and poke a little fun.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    been around for longer than I can remember and I kinda consider myself one of the longer term OG's on here as I see the website ever-evolving with new boat owners. met several in person and sure I've irritated just as many over the years

sure there's quite a few of the OG's that have taught many of us on here tricks and saved us calls to the stealerships over time.

my list is quite different as most of us this is a passion but a few have this industry as their jobs and to find time to post up on here and help all of us out free of charge means quite a bit.......

Rick Tinker- I know he owns the place but what other boat forum has the ceo posting and stepping in to help new owners solidify the deal.
    Engine Nut- posted a lot of info back in the day to help some of us before these engines became too much to work on.
    the rest of my list are mostly on the audio side as that's where most of the disposable income for boats winds up:
    MLA- great guy that spends countless hours online helping people that never send him a dime.
    Philsails- Kicker guy that used to be a regular on here.
    Dave from Earmark- shop owner in texas that loved to debate.
    Ed from florida. love him or hate him, he brought a lot of drama on here BUT was probably the biggest supporter of skiers choice out there. how many of you have tattoos of Roo?? still hope to meet him someday.

I have learned a ton from the group above and loved some of the old debates that used to spring up. most are gone sadly.....

anyhoo. my .02 from an OG.
    and man do we need a winter again with rotating avatars. that was the best game ever.... best day of that was the day everyone had pink avatars
    GREAT list
    Jeff

2012 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Like many of you I've had the chance to meet some new people in person and share a beer that I became friends with through the forum. I'm in Washington state and I now have "boat buddies" in Florida, South Carolina, Arizona, California, and of course some local guys.
    although never met, you, and quite frankly anyone else on here always have a pull in vegas
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten