Default Cruiser surf board recommendation

Hi folks - I’m a beginner, about 200 lbs and have surfed a few times behind other’s boats. This year we bought our own boat - 2019 Makai, just brought it home, haven’t even hit the water. I’ll save that for another story.

Anyhow, I’m not looking for a trick board, rather just a board to ride, cruise and maybe even have a beverage while doing so. I’ve been looking and reading and I am lost. I do not plan on adding ballast, at least right now.

Any recommendations for a board? I may be considered boring but most likely 99% of my time will be captain duties pulling the kiddos and occasionally my wife so I’m not looking to do tricks, spins, etc, just ride. My dealer sells O’Brien and he recommended the Royale but I thought I would ask here before I do it.

Thanks in advance

Cool

Haha, Famous words we all said at one time: "I do not plan on adding ballast, at least right now." Just give it time. Once you're bitten with the surf bug, you wont be able to help yourself. In a year you'll have that puppy stacked with as much ballast as legally possible.

Try this. https://www.amazon.com/Phase5-Diamon...s%2C183&sr=8-3

Phase five are excellent boards in my opinion, anyone from begginers to experienced riders. I would try and see if your dealer sells them. My dealer will give new boat buyers 20% discount on any accessories, including boards and they sell phase fives.

Congrats on the Makai BTW. That's an awesome boat. Now post pics to prove you're not a spammer Include interiors. Onto pride and joy thread
    Last edited by Isaguel; 04-27-2020 at 08:18 AM.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Pony up some dough and get decent board you can go grow into...Isaguel has a great recommendation.

Others to consider as 'cruisers' would be the Doomswell El Jefe and Liquid Force El Guapo.

....El Jefe means the Boss and Guapo means handsome, not gringo for those of little pigment

Once you get bit by the stoke, you will upgrade your ballast and eventually you will want to progress beyond cruising. This WILL happen, remove any preconceived notion that you are nothing more than your kid's chauffeur.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

I'm 250lbs and have struggled a bit then I got the phase 5 Rio from a friend and now I'm set, its a bigger cruise style and the best money I've spent

1A55E836-678F-4320-B0BA-364D5EE40439.jpg1A55E836-678F-4320-B0BA-364D5EE40439.jpg1A55E836-678F-4320-B0BA-364D5EE40439.jpg

Ok, that seemed to work on the pics.

Thanks for the recommendations guys on the boards. Our goal is to get it wet this Saturday so long as the weather holds up...the wife and I snuck out this past Saturday hoping to beat the rain and it just started dumping on us 3 min from the boat ramp. We waited in the lot for 1/2 hour but decided to give up and take our maiden voyage when we could enjoy it.

AB25C406-EA36-462D-8BEF-0BCE03A71D3E.jpg

Maybe I should read the directions on how to post a picture the right way...lol

too late to the party but I would add to the p5 recommendation.
    we used to have a broadcast that was the boat board and gave it away. we now use a p5 danielo pro to train all the noobs. great board that has seen a ton of action over the years. it's an easy board i can ride for days.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

All I know is the suns going to rise in the morning and your going g to want to add ballast! Do yourself a big favor and get a nice high end board now you will progress quickly. I ride a slingshot butterbar xr, hyperlyte shim and phase five hypsta all are great

Quote Originally Posted by Max20 View Post
    Hi folks - I’m a beginner, about 200 lbs and have surfed a few times behind other’s boats. This year we bought our own boat - 2019 Makai, just brought it home, haven’t even hit the water. I’ll save that for another story.

Anyhow, I’m not looking for a trick board, rather just a board to ride, cruise and maybe even have a beverage while doing so. I’ve been looking and reading and I am lost. I do not plan on adding ballast, at least right now.

Any recommendations for a board? I may be considered boring but most likely 99% of my time will be captain duties pulling the kiddos and occasionally my wife so I’m not looking to do tricks, spins, etc, just ride. My dealer sells O’Brien and he recommended the Royale but I thought I would ask here before I do it.

Thanks in advance
    I highly recommend the Slingshot Coaster if you're looking for a board that is easy to ride and doesn't require as much ballast. It's not the most lively board, but it is super stable, fun, and just about anyone can ride it. I could surf behind my jetboat with limited ballast in just about any conditions because this board is awesome.