Default Rear bench latches

I've searched the forum for this issue and found some info but haven't seen anyone post that they've tried installing latches. On my '05 Mobius the rear bench "floats" up and out of position when towing at speeds around 70mph. I was considering installing a couple of these simple latches to hold it in place. But I'm a little hesitant because I would have to drill some small holes in the side panel fiber glass to lock them in place. Has anyone ever done anything like this? Just curious on any feedback or any pics anyone might have. Thanks.

latch.JPG
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV

Same problem ! I have a 01 Mobius and the rear side seat fly off the bench , bench floats as does the pass cubby where my batteries and amps are located . Tried doing some lift pistons however getting the right "pressure for them has been nothing but issues ....also mounting them is a little difficult on these boats

Same problem here. I almost lost my seat cushion on the freeway, super frustrating. I used some heavy duty Velcro under them and also put one of those spider truck net covers over the cabin area. I figured that was cheaper than replacing one seat.

tried the velcrow as well ...didnt last long . Im thinking aboiut taking some small screws and coming from UNDER side and basically going just a little into the plastic of the bottom of the seat . If you did this basically 3 on each side on the "corners" it should woprk well without poiking through . I have redone my whole interior myself so i know the amount of foam and how thick the plastic is for the seat cushions

I would think a strut would actually work on the part your talking about rsemak

I have also heard of guys putting a double hinge on them too. Probably work better than the Velcro.