Thread: steering cable

Default steering cable

Does anybody know the part number and where I can get a steering cable for my 2018 Max? I really don't want to go to the dealer.
    Also maybe there is a place that lists al part numbers for these boats so when I find a retailer I can order by part number.
    Thanks
    2018 Moomba Max - 400 Raptor - 6 pump ballast - auto wake 2 - flow 2 - gps zero off

if it's an 2018 wouldn't it be under warranty? As far as the part number goes you can just call the dealer and ask them for the part #, i've asked quite a few times and they are alway happy to give part numbers. Wholesale Marine or West Marine are places i've used with good success.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Thanks for the reply, but no it isn't under warranty. The dealer has proven to be less than useful. Of somebody knows the proper part number or the correct steering cable for this boat so I can order it from somewhere other than the dealer I would appreciate it. Thank you.
    2018 Moomba Max - 400 Raptor - 6 pump ballast - auto wake 2 - flow 2 - gps zero off

So I found the part number tattooed on the cable towards the rudder end. It is a SeaStar Solutions cable model SSC15420. At least that's the best I can get from it. It looks like the tattoo got scratched off a bit. SeaStar.jpg
    It really couldn't have gotten scratched in a worse place

That's a 2018 boat. That should be under warranty, that's a pretty sh**** move on your dealers part. They should at least be willing to give you the part number and order the part for you.

But I believe this is what you are looking for:
    https://www.fisheriessupply.com/tele...ables-ssc15420

I'd suggest calling the supplier before ordering to see if their parts catalog lists it as 4 Moomba max.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

The dealer probably would have given me the part number, but I really don't want to talk to them if I can prevent it. The boat was used, apparently it was used commercially for a month before I purchased it which drastically reduces the warranty. He didn't tell me that last part until I tried to get some warrant work done.
    Thanks for your reply

Call Atlanta Marine, they will give you any part number you need. They are great
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190