Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Nice wave on the Max! Got any video of the wave from the drone?
    I'm on my phone. I'll post some vid when I'm on my laptop later on.
    2019' Moomba Max

Default April 2020 Picture Thread

The Mavic is a great drone. I went to the Skydio 2 with the gps beacon... been using it this winter, it’s pretty cool. Anyway, here’s a pic from today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jph3; 04-12-2020 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Nice wave on the Max! Got any video of the wave from the drone?
    I just threw this together, so you could see different angles. Youtube is killing the quality tho lol.

2019' Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by jph3 View Post

The Mavic is a great drone. I went to the Skydio 2 with the gps beacon... been using it this winter, it’s pretty cool. Anyway, here’s a pic from today!

Ive never heard of it, but just looked it up. Looks amazing. Looks like they have the active track perfected. Mavic better tighten up their pricing before Skydio puts them out of business lol.
    2019' Moomba Max

The obstacle avoidance in the Skydio is far and away the best in any drone. Pretty crazy what they can do.The only hold back I have with the skydio is I really want the 3 axis gimbal which DJI holds the crown on, its better for stable cinematic quality footage.
    It is amazing what the S2 can do though, maneuvering through tight spaces, avoiding small branches, it has intelligent, almost 360 degree view all around. Crazy tech!
    Ahh, just talking about this get me all warm and fuzzy inside, cant wait to get out! One of our local smaller lakes is iced out finally, it'll be surfable in a couple of weeks, although we did get snow again today, projected to get 6 " in Twin cities, rrrg.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

I propose we have a separate drone thread. Our beloved sport is so well complemented by hobby cinematography. Having a wakeboat and owning good videography equipment and technique go together like toast and butter. After all, we do this for the memories and we are always striving to grab that perfect image or video of the kids first ropeless surf, or the wifes first wipeout. Good drone videography can be very important tool in our sport.
    There is so much to learn about it, how to implement it, bad experiences we can share to help others prevent the same mistakes, such as loosing the drone. I myself am going to be looking at how to make a homemade lightweight polystyrene landing skid in case drone lands in water. There are a lot of crafty guys in this forum that can help trouble shoot. ANd there are so many great drones at different price points to meet your expectations and how much you want to spend. Not everyone has to spend 1000K 4 a drone. I think this would eventually become a usefull resource thread for us.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Waiting to get out there

Had to scratch the itch and get out on Lewisville today. Was nice for the first 30 mins. Then wind started blowing over 20mph.

--Justin

2019 Moomba Makai

Got out for a bit yesterday. Water temp was 57.....a little chilly, but that is how we roll in Ohio! Glad to be back on the water....

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

9 yo is ripping now... she is carving and tried her first 360 yesterday.

And we got our 5 yo up (didn’t get full pics) but she was in the wave for a couple min - no ballast