Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you guys putting the quick clips (red/black) in the pod or are they outside of the pod? Are you using heat shrink tubing to give a cleaner look to exposed wires?
    '18 mojo

Quote Originally Posted by Surgical_ass View Post
    Are you guys putting the quick clips (red/black) in the pod or are they outside of the pod? Are you using heat shrink tubing to give a cleaner look to exposed wires?
    I cut my connectors off and hard wired the speakers so there was no chance of water getting into the wiring and then also used 3/8” wire loom to cover the wire from the tower to the mount.

I don’t plan on removing my speakers for any reason. That’s why I chose to hardwire them in.

You can do either way, it will be fine. I just liked the nice clean look of no connection

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    If you purchase local, your wet sounds dealer can unpack these components on the spot, and show you how it all goes together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surgical_ass View Post
    I cut my connectors off and hard wired the speakers so there was no chance of water getting into the wiring
    I would not cut off those connectors, as it may negatively impact a future warranty claim, is one should arise. Also, the presence of those connectors, would not be cause for any water intrusion.

Default Fc5-u mounting question

I mounted my Rev 10’s directly to the tower. Saved a little head room. I drilled an extra hole in the tower plate, then used thick weather stripping between the speaker mount and the plate.

2016 Moomba Craz
    2014 Chaparral H2O 21 Sport
    1997 Sea Ray 175 Sport