Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fault Codes

Default Fault Codes

Dropped in today for the first time this season. Drove around for an hour with no issues. Filled ballast then got this error code when surfing. Any help greatly appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    17' Craz

https://cdn.bakesonline.com/media/re...oubleCodes.pdf

Looks like a knock sensor error code. Fresh gas or old?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

First time in a few months but I added fuel stabilizer before I winterized. I changed the engine oil, raw water impeller, transmission oil and fluid today before I took it out. I would only get the codes when I had full ballast/surfing. Just cruising I was code free...
    17' Craz

Heavy engine loading (such as full ballast and surfing) is where bad gas (low octane or old gas) will cause the most knock.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Hope your right. I'll just cruise the rest of this tank and throw some premium in before we surf again...
    17' Craz

I have read about people adding octane boost, but I have not tried it. Not sure I would do that on your old gas, but on your next fresh tank.
    2018 Supra SL400

Default Fault Codes

If you have old 89 octane in the boat, you could probably siphon most of it into a vehicle that requires 87 and then refill boat with fresh.

Not sure how much fuel you have left, but cruising could take awhile to consume it.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

One has to wonder when are the MFG's going to develop an engine that can handle long periods of layup??? I'm at least 15 miles from a "non-ethanol " fuel supply, no marina's around and with the junk gas the EPA made us drink has done nothing but fill up landfills with our outdoor power equipment. If you use ethanol fuel, you can't let it lay around - end of the year I will use non-ethanol - but get away with ethanol fuel during the active season and I always use Sta-bil 360.

Yes it has 89 octane with fuel stabilizer from last Oct/Nov. Prob have about 3/4
    tank left. Plan was to add some octane booster along with some premium gas and run it for awhile this afternoon. Please let me know your thoughts...
    17' Craz

Pump E10 is fine to store in boat, The raptors are made for it. Use the recommended fuel stabilizer as all fuel stabilizers are not ok for ethanol.

That said, 89 even stabil will degrade over 5 months layup. If it’s knocking under surf loading, you are below 87 octane.

Here is some good information:

https://www.sunocoracefuels.com/tech...w-octane-fuels

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan