Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Adding 2nd set of JL 8.8’s to FX one tower.

You need to take the Amphenol connector part number and go online to digikey.com and order the pins.

Then it’s as simple as crimping pins and pushing them into the existing connectors.

You could also skip the Amphenol connector and just crimp wires direct using a butt connector.

The only reason they use Amphenol connectors is easy of manufacturing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 07-29-2020 at 09:51 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Default Wiring Question

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    If you have factory speakers it’s much easier.

The Factory plugs at the speaker side should be plug n play.

Climb into the starboard dog house and find the speaker plugs. I had to clip a few zip ties and you should get enough slack to work on them comfortably.

Then it’s a matter of running two left side wires and two right side wires and attaching to your new amp.

Did you get a JL 800/8 amp to run your 4 towers?

how did you attach 2 speaker wires from amp to the factor connectors in the dog house? the factory connectors are 4 pin and have 2 pins open for new wires. is there a special tool that inserts speaker wires into connector?

You need to take the Amphenol connector part number and go online to digikey.com and order the pins.

Then it’s as simple as crimping pins and pushing them into the existing connectors.

You could also skip the Amphenol connector and just crimp wires direct using a butt connector.

The only reason they use Amphenol connectors is easy of manufacturing.

Thank you!

This is perfect, i love how they're offset. I'm looking to do the same thing w/ my 2020 SL450.

I just joined and I can't believe how inactive the forms are...did people just migrate to facebook groups?

Progress.....

Speakers installed on tower, had to use JL pipe clamps as Supra FXONE tower clamps are not available to aftermarket. This offsets the inner speakers slightly rearward, but I like the look.

Tower is wired and speaker leds and down firing lights were all plug and play with factory Amphenol connectors.

Traced factory speaker wires looking for the ends for the inner speakers to wire to amp. It’s not fully wired from the factory for all 4 tower speakers, but very close.

There are two Amphenol connectors that are 4 pin for wiring from the tower but only 2 output pins are hooked up for 2 speaker boats.

Easy enough to add wires and two more pins for the new speakers. But about 80% plug and play using factory harness.