Default Steering cable replacement

I have a 2005 Mobius LSV and the steering has become very stiff. I have checked the rudder and steering column and both seem fine so I'm pretty sure I need to replace the steering cable. I have done a bunch of checking on the forum and found out how to do it. But alot of the posts say you have to remove the floor to replace the cable. My question is do you really have to remove the floor or can you fish the new cable through with the floor in place if you are careful? Anyone with experience with replacing the cable without removing the floor would be appreciated. Was there anything special you had to do other than be careful not to snag anything with the floor in place? Thanks.
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV

I don't have any experience with replacing the steering cable other than i have heard that it isn't too bad. The only thing i would say is that if your floor ls like mine, an 07 LSV, it is really easy to get the the floor up. I have two metal panels that have 4 screws each. Just have to unscrew them and they come right up. Sometimes its hard to find the screws because the carpet has been matted down over them for years but you can usually find them pretty easy. Once the panels are up it would make life really easy to deal with the cable it think. It also gives you a chance to check under there and visually inspect/clean things. Just my .02
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Remove the floor!

The steering cable runs in a channel right over the gas tank and it may be zip tied to wiring, hoses, etc. not visible. Or wrapped up enough that tugging it through could result in some undesired outcomes.

You've seen the trick to tie a piece of rope to the old cable (rudder side) as it comes out so that you can tie that rope to the new cable to fish it back through? Best piece of advice right there.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Thanks for the advice, removing the floor is definitely the way to go. I replaced the cable this afternoon and it was quite easy, I did it myself in a couple of hours. And removing the floor was easy and it made fishing the new cable back through very easy, not sure I could've done it without the floor removed. For anyone trying to do it just remove all the screws you can see, then look inside each side seat, mine had three horizontal screws on each side. Then work from the back by the V-drive, pull the floor up there and work it loose, it comes up pretty easy. I was able to stand it on it's side and prop it up on the port side of the cabin while replacing the cable.
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV

I’m replacing my steering cable on an 05 moomba lsv. All is going smooth until I am trying to finish pulling the cable out from under the floor beneath where the heater is mounted. It seems like it is stuck on something or the end of the cable it too rigid to fit through. I’m about to cut a hole in the mount that the heater sits on. Does anyone have any other ideas?