Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default no boating no bueno.......

due to the a$$hats in some other states that decided boat tie ups at the sandbar are the right thing to do in this current age of distancing, the feds shut down all the launch ramps at lake mead so we are now dead in the driveway. can't launch the boat.

kinda sucks as that was the one thing gf and I were looking forward to doing to get out of the house on our day off together.

we feel blessed that we are still collecting paychecks in an economy that is almost 100% tourist driven- I head to work each day and she has taken over the office at home to work from.. for now but she works for a slot company so not sure how long she's going to last until it picks up again.

what's the rest of the moomba family doing to keep from going crazy and hope everyone is safe!!!
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

dogs practicing distancing......

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

ConocoPhillips went business critical last Monday so I've been doing the VPN thing for the past week.

It was cool before working remote maybe once or twice a week. Regular status meetings are no biggie on Microsoft Teams but I struggle a bit when hosting a large meeting and not being able to read the room.

This is totally different and being trapped with a 2 year old and a 6 week old has brought an entirely new meaning to cabin fever

It's supposed 90° in Houston on Wednesday so it'd be nice to go for a cruise, I imagine the City ramps are closed but not the marinas

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Stupid people were flocking to the OR coast over the weekend so the bat-crap crazy governor punished the rest of us and basically locked down our state.
    Thanks - D

2020 Supra SL450

I continue to stay in Arizona outside Phoenix while my home state of Washington is having their issues. The common areas where I live have been closed down for a few weeks. Rather boring but we ride RZRs in the desert once a week. Now we stay 6 feet away from each other on the trail and also when we stop and talk. I no longer can have a rider in my RZR. Most people have left the resort to go back to their home states which frees up more supplies at the grocery store. The weather has been on the cool side and a few fishermen is all that is on the nearby lake. Really peaceful. Everyone take care and we will probably hear some interesting stories.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Boat ramps at Lake Anna in central Virginia are open. Took a drive to the lake late Sunday, just to see the view. All (I think) restaurants on the lake are closed. I am rotating between the office and telework.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Man I will blow my top if they shut down the lakes, that is absolutely insane! They have already shut down the ski resorts and the golf courses here. It's still too cold to get on the lake right now but next month i am hoping to get out. Both my wife and i are still working and are very grateful for that but that could change here shortly for me. Told my wife she may be the one paying the mortgage soon
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

They shut down all Corp ran campgrounds around here till May 15th. Ramps not in a campground are still open. My local lake is flooded though at 20Ft high, so that's a kick in the rear, but there are a few other lakes within an hrs drive that we will still be able to go to I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    Man I will blow my top if they shut down the lakes, that is absolutely insane! They have already shut down the ski resorts and the golf courses here. It's still too cold to get on the lake right now but next month i am hoping to get out. Both my wife and i are still working and are very grateful for that but that could change here shortly for me. Told my wife she may be the one paying the mortgage soon
    Worse case Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac will freeze your mortgage for 12 months penalty and interest free with no hit to credit reports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

OR shutdown, WA is following as of Wednesday night - all campground and day use areas as well. My wife has worked from home for the last 20 years and I have for the last 3ish. No biggie for us but now we have a daughter home from college doing on-line courses and a 17-yr old boy out of school, plus a 24 yr old back home and a 4yr old grand daughter - keeping it interesting...

So what do you do when you're stuck at home? Build a jump in the far corner of the back yard, duh.

The entrance ramp to it is a little sketchy due to a hill climb and a curve through the trees before hitting it but probably for the best to keep our speed down a bit.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...