Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 18 crazy battery

boat is 20 months old i looked thru the manual and couldn't find the answer is the battery under warranty if winterized properly and now needs to be replaced

Good chance not, but what leads you to believe it needs to be replaced. Does the boat have an on-board charger that was in use during the layup? Its normal for a wet cell battery to have some parasitic draw down over time, but this does not make it bad and in need of replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Sickpainter View Post
    boat is 20 months old i looked thru the manual and couldn't find the answer is the battery under warranty if winterized properly and now needs to be replaced
    It's a dealer installed item when they take delivery, not SC. Did you buy from a dealer or private?

Your dealer may have some wiggle room depending on who they are buying batteries from and that company's return policy.
    2018 Supra SL400

Very odd for batteries to go bad within 20 months as long as you keep them on a battery tender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    It's a dealer installed item when they take delivery, not SC. Did you buy from a dealer or private?

Your dealer may have some wiggle room depending on who they are buying batteries from and that company's return policy.
    I dropped it with the dealer for the dewinterization and had them test the batteries while they had it as I always do, they said the one wouldn't hold a charge and needed replaced, just seemed odd to me as its so new

I dropped it with the dealer for the dewinterization and had them test the batteries while they had it as I always do, they said the one wouldn't hold a charge and needed replaced, just seemed odd to me as its so new
    If your storaging the boat you need to keep the battery tender plugged in. Otherwise you'll be buying new batteries every year. .
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Did you keep your battery tender plugged in?

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Yea i have the dual battery with tender set up

I would buy 2 new batteries. No use having an old and new as 1 bank.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

You should at least get a prorated warranty on the battery that failed, most batteries are prorated for at least 36months from the battery manufacturer.

But batteries are relatively cheap.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan