Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Boat cover holding water

Any pointers on what I might be doing wrong with my cover set up? Cover keeps holding water on either side right behind the tower. Have both poles under. I’ve adjusted it as tight as I can, with the front as high as it will crank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --Justin

2019 Moomba Makai

Tarp. I have a Max, no poles, but last spring it would do the same. From my last boat experience, you need to get that water off asap or the material will stretch, permanently. No problems with the tarp through winter. Doesn't answer your question but may provide a quick fix.
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Tarp. I have a Max, no poles, but last spring it would do the same. From my last boat experience, you need to get that water off asap or the material will stretch, permanently. No problems with the tarp through winter. Doesn't answer your question but may provide a quick fix.
    Yea I have been bailing water with buckets all weekend. Looks like I’m going to have to find covered storage for it ASAP.

I appreciate the input!

--Justin

2019 Moomba Makai

Not sure about this model, but someone was posting about using those kids inflatable bouncy-balls to support under the tarp. Prevented the tarp from sagging any lower, water would run off.
    2018 Supra SL400

I had that problem, and i found the Hangtyte works great. Easy to tighten up and take down

https://monstertower.com/hangtyte.ht...QaAsubEALw_wcB

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut80 View Post
    I had that problem, and i found the Hangtyte works great. Easy to tighten up and take down

https://monstertower.com/hangtyte.ht...QaAsubEALw_wcB
    That's what my Mojo's cover came with, exactly as pictured. It works well.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

My Max cover also has Hangtyte. I assumed the Makaii also came with it. We have a pole for the bow but use Hangtyte for the rear.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    My Max cover also has Hangtyte. I assumed the Makaii also came with it. We have a pole for the bow but use Hangtyte for the rear.
    Yes, the makai came with it. I just didn’t have it cinched up tight enough. Was worried that if I got it too tight it would rip. But I fixed it I think, we are about to get plenty of rain to test it out.

--Justin

2019 Moomba Makai

I keep mine very tight when I stored outdoors last year. I was hesitant at first because it was my first time having the hangtyte system but yea you want that thing pretty tight so it can shed water quickly and not allow pooling. I also had to learn you need that bow pole extended quite a bit and also cinch the cover tight. This year we got an enclosed storage unit being built and I’ll be glad I won’t have to deal with the elements. Sometimes I’d still get some water pool up in the bow walkway but otherwise boat stayed dry.

This is how ours generally looks once tightened...

2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    I keep mine very tight when I stored outdoors last year. I was hesitant at first because it was my first time having the hangtyte system but yea you want that thing pretty tight so it can shed water quickly and not allow pooling. I also had to learn you need that bow pole extended quite a bit and also cinch the cover tight. This year we got an enclosed storage unit being built and I’ll be glad I won’t have to deal with the elements. Sometimes I’d still get some water pool up in the bow walkway but otherwise boat stayed dry.

This is how ours generally looks once tightened...

Yea that’s how ours looks now. The middle was a lot lower and it was pooling on either side with a hard enough downpour.

--Justin

2019 Moomba Makai