Default 2014/2015 Mojo vs Mondo

My wife and I are looking for a new to is boat and the 2014/2015 Mojo’s seem to check all of our boxes. I also am coming across Mondos. What are the big differences between these two in these years?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Schlanseay View Post
    My wife and I are looking for a new to is boat and the 2014/2015 Mojo’s seem to check all of our boxes. I also am coming across Mondos. What are the big differences between these two in these years?

Thank you!

The biggest difference is 2 ft (a very big 2ft) in length.

Setup correctly Mondos can create some bomb wakes and are great rides for folks with small crews or on size restricted lakes.

I think the 14/15 Mojos have manual surf tabs but someone else please chime in.

The bow in the Mondo is pretty small and will be relegated to wives and children. Anyone near 6ft will not be able to sit up there and stretch their legs.

Everyone will express the common sentiment that you should aim for the biggest boat you can comfortably afford because it's very rare to find yourself in a situation when you want to downsize.

What are your primary uses? Are you on a size restricted lake? How many folk roll in your typical crew?

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Default 2014/2015 Mojo vs Mondo

My wife and I are typically by ourselves or have a small crew. We usually have 6 or less people on the Mondo and it does it all for us. The bow is smaller like stated above so it keeps all the “dudes” in the back out of view and all the ladies ride in the bow. Perfect design if you ask me. If you have a 6-8 person crew all the time go with the larger Mojo. Function wise I am 100% happy with the surf and wakeboard wakes. Just an upgrade on the rear bags and she surfs perfect for us. Good luck, both boats would be a great option!!

15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

I own a 2015 Mojo. The size is the big difference. It does not sound look much but the extra 2 ft make a real difference when you count the crew and everyones bags, totes, etc. If you have kids you'll want the extra room for the tubes. WE do all water sports, wake, surf and tube and even adults love the tubing after a few beer! Me and my buddy holding onto our Miller lites while my wife is wipping us around at 25 mph. It brings a certain feeling of accomplishment.
    Now, you must specify, is it a 14 or 15. That was a transition year. There were a few small changes to the hull from 14 to '15. The '15 might be a little longer I believe. My '15 does have autowake, it is all analog though. The '15 had the smaller 1.0 surf tabs. I upgraded to the larger 2.0 tabs, simple plug and play for about 350$.
    Do some research on tweaking your wake. You'll find we have all upgraded our bags or added a significant amount of lead. I chose to upgrade to 1450 lb ballast bags. It takes up all storage space. You can also get the 1100 bags and add extra 500lb of space saving lead bags.
    Lots of really good info here.
    Either boat, if weighed well, will produce awesome waves, I guess you have to decide if you have space to store the larger mojo, a vehicle to tow the extra weight and if you need the extra room and storage.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Thank you all!!

Yeah, like lsaguel said above, the 2014 model is the Mojo 2.5 (22.5 feet) while the hull changed for 2015 through present to the 23-ft hull. There are very few that surf the 2.5 models.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

I had a 2017 Mondo and just upgraded to a 2019 Mojo for the following reasons:

1) Additional Displacement and Weight.
    2) Additional Storage space.
    3) Additional Length to handle larger crowds.(More than 6 is pretty crowded for full days on the boat.

With that being said, the Mondo created a great wave with smaller crews. Hit me up with how I weighted my Mondo and speeds, etc. to have it make a great wave if you go down that path!
    2022 SA450
    2019 Mojo
    2017 Mondo - SOLD

Both are great boats. I would choose Mojo over the Mondo personally but we have a big crew. One thing to consider as a difference between 2014 and 2015 they made the switch to the Raptor Engine. I would encourage you to get a 2015 just for that reason alone. Just my two cents.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    2019 Moomba Makai
    2018 Moomba Max
    2017 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Supra 24SSV Worlds Edition
    2008 Nautique 210 SANTE
    2007 Supra 24SSV
    2004 Supra 22SSV Gravity Games Edition