Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Already out 12 hours on this week. Lake has so few boats due to Covid. Only wakeboat out today...Monday had 10 of us out at grapevine lake.

Don’t know why I didn’t buy wetsuits for the kids last year, worked great. Cheap amazon 2mm. Water temp 66, perfect for a spring suit for adults. Need to download the wakeboard gopro footage of the kiddos, finally cutting hard enough to get 1-2 feet of air....but I still only pull them at 14mph (wuss dad).

Newest edition loving it as well. Any suggestions for infants? All I’ve seen with google are tower swings. Likely he will just be held and as much as possible in a life jacket (makes breastfeeding difficult ).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are those dry suits or wet suits you have for your kids? What was the water temp? We are getting some really nice days but the water is still in the 50s. Feel like we are missing some good opportunities.
    '18 mojo

2mm wet suits from amazon. Cost was cheap, $30-40 each. Water was 65 at the time....really fine for shorties, but my girls are "sensitive". Hard part was finding reasonably priced neoprene booties for kids when surfing. Ultimately they were not needed, so glad I didn't fork over for those.
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

We're headed out in a bit as well with some new kid wet suits off amazon. Seemed to be pretty good for the 1 year they will wear them before they out grow them. It took some digging but I found booties for our 6yr and 10yr old think they were still around $18 per set which is high compared to a $35 wetsuit. But if that gets them in the water we went with it.

Quote Originally Posted by RUGER761 View Post
    We're headed out in a bit as well with some new kid wet suits off amazon. Seemed to be pretty good for the 1 year they will wear them before they out grow them. It took some digging but I found booties for our 6yr and 10yr old think they were still around $18 per set which is high compared to a $35 wetsuit. But if that gets them in the water we went with it.
    Could you send me the link to the boots you found for the kiddos? I’ve been unsuccessful thus far. I got my kids the O’Neil 4/3 wetsuits and they are awesome. A bit pricey but super flexible and work awesome. We’re able to trade them in the next year for money off for a bigger size when they outgrow them. I originally tried the 3/2’s but they were still really cold. Our peak water temp is 60-64ish but usually averages mid 50’s. It’s beautiful but it ain’t warm.

Here’s the ones we found. They held water, little loose on their feet but they were warm so well worth it.

https://www.amazon.com/Neoprene-Wets..._dp&th=1&psc=1

2021 Makai

Fantastic find, thanks! Just got three of them.
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by RUGER761 View Post
    Here’s the ones we found. They held water, little loose on their feet but they were warm so well worth it.

https://www.amazon.com/Neoprene-Wets..._dp&th=1&psc=1

Sold and thanks!, love it cheap and eliminates the complaining....

man oh man. you guys are so lucky to be on the water. everything on the nevada side is shut down and if we go to the arizona side we are supposed to self-quarantine for 2 weeks upon return. gov here is getting a little pissed at those not following the guidelines so better to spend the days working on the yard.

golf courses were ordered closed today. car dealership selling side were all shut down today. no more mobile haircuts. real estate can only be by appt and house must be vacant to tour. walmart/others were all directed they had to cut in half the number of people allowed in the store at any given time(1 person for every 120 sqft of retail space) so they all have a single entrance and exit and count going in.
    but construction workers are still all over raider stadium. makes no sense......
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

It was a very much needed day out on the water. Our ramps are all still open (well now that the lake levels are back down from flooding) just most camp grounds are closed. Most everything else in the state is shut down. What stores are open are counting heads only letting a few in at a time. Restaurants have all changed over to curb side or drive thru. They are even letting restaurants and liquor stores deliver alcohol to your house now. Long as we can still get on the water I will be ok, they take that away I will go crazy. We were back into the high 30s this morning though, suppose to go for about a week or so with cold temps with a possible short freeze Monday. Hopefully last cold snap.