Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

OK so I'll take the 13ft high the lake was last week, we are now at 21ft. Sure hope this isn't a repeat of last year. I have one other lake that's a little longer drive that we are going to go to as soon as we get a nice day, its only 2ft high so that's no big deal. Currently as long as the ramp is not in a campground they are still open.

Couldn’t resist and made a quick run last night. So first time out so no where near dialed in but still fun. A lot to learn on this one but we’ll get it figured out soon enough. Water was really muddy with all the rain. Already liking the heater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Makai

Went out last Saturday for a bit. Cloudy and high 60’s but felt much cooler on the water. Sunny and 83 today, partly cloudy and 82 tomorrow so will give it another go.

2015 Yamaha 242 LS - Sold
    2018 SL 450

Already out 12 hours on this week. Lake has so few boats due to Covid. Only wakeboat out today...Monday had 10 of us out at grapevine lake.

Don’t know why I didn’t buy wetsuits for the kids last year, worked great. Cheap amazon 2mm. Water temp 66, perfect for a spring suit for adults. Need to download the wakeboard gopro footage of the kiddos, finally cutting hard enough to get 1-2 feet of air....but I still only pull them at 14mph (wuss dad).

Newest edition loving it as well. Any suggestions for infants? All I’ve seen with google are tower swings. Likely he will just be held and as much as possible in a life jacket (makes breastfeeding difficult ).

2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

Been out all but one day since last Friday but I've only ridden once while trying to teach my oldest to wakeboard. Water is still a little cold for these bones but the kids love it. They start to raise the water level here in a week or so and that typically means another 2-3 weeks before favorable water temps for me.

2004 Moomba Outback LS
    2016 Wrangler JK

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Already out 12 hours on this week. Lake has so few boats due to Covid. Only wakeboat out today...Monday had 10 of us out at grapevine lake.

Don’t know why I didn’t buy wetsuits for the kids last year, worked great. Cheap amazon 2mm. Water temp 66, perfect for a spring suit for adults. Need to download the wakeboard gopro footage of the kiddos, finally cutting hard enough to get 1-2 feet of air....but I still only pull them at 14mph (wuss dad).

Newest edition loving it as well. Any suggestions for infants? All I’ve seen with google are tower swings. Likely he will just be held and as much as possible in a life jacket (makes breastfeeding difficult ).

I would suggest a hat that can tie around his head and has flaps that cover the sides of his head and his neck. Worked great for my son and we bought another one for my daughter (10 months old). Other than that, infants are a real PITA due to not being able to have sunscreen for a year ect. My wife was a big trooper last year holding a towel over our daughter literally all the time.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Aww man. So envious of you guys. Awesome pics. Cant wait to get back in the water. Yeah, keeping those infants out of the sun is tough. That delicate skin sunburns so easy. We built a "tent" using large towels over the passenger side front seat, covering the windshield. That meant an adult constantly holding baby to keep from sliding. Big hat to cover those ears that get burned easily. Its not easy and that first year you'll just have to suck it up. Space them out very 2-3 years so u get at least one good year of boating in between.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Little dude was out from under the bimini for all of 5 minutes....thus why I grabbed a shot real quick. All good points though, need to find one of those infant hats. I know I have a couple somewhere...because believe it or not, that is my 4th (and final) child!....but five years of rust since the last infant is really showing. Have all the confidence of a seasoned parent despite forgetting all the nuances and no desire to read up like with the first one haha.
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    I think the people getting in at 100 are missing the 30 degrees...

No, we aren't...70 degree air with 50 water and the right gear was great Thursday. At 130 rule, we'd have missed out on a solid day.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Water temp last weekend here in AZ is 65. Two of the local lakes were closed so the closest two lake to Phoenix were packed with people. I had to get out so it’s the first surf of the year for us. Probably could have survived without the wetsuit but it was nice to have.