Default High RPM idle once engine is warm...?

Hello,
    2006 XLV Indmar 350

After about 10-15 min on the water the engine tends to get stuck at a high RPM. When I switch back to neutral, like when pulling up next to a surfer, the boat diles at a high RPM. Then when I go back in gear the transmission slams into gear due to the RPM. I have cleaned the throttle piston but that doesnt seem to help. Any suggestions? thanks

Are you Carb or Fuel-Injection?

On Carb higher RPM tends to be from Vac leak.

Easy way to find the leak is spraying soapy water, the engine will stumble or idle lower when you hit the leak. Soap will seal the leak momentarily.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I had that same issue on my 2004 SSV with Indmar 350.
    I added a spring to the throttle return cable and that helped a lot. I think the cables for the PP servo were hanging it up/too stiff.
    Around that same time I also changed the cap & rotor which seemed to be at least a related root cause, and after that change all was perfectly well.

Thanks for the reply guys,
    1) fuel injected
    2) I upgraded perfect pass to GPS, not sure that the spring makes a difference anymore
    I do believe it is somewhere in the throttle cable, maybe that just needs to be regreased or replaced?
    Thanks for the help so far, Andrew
    surf season is getting close
    my lake is filling up quickly as I am near Chicago and many of those folks are running from the COVID19, fyi

Hey folks, I'm experience this same problem. I have a carb Assault 310 engine. Everything is fine at first, then after I take off the first time, when I back off Rims stay at 1800 in neutral and 1200 when I engage clutch.

Makes trailering and pulling into a slip a pain. It's an 01 Moomba Mobius I just got the boat a few weeks ago. This is my first ski/wake boat, so I'm not familiar with all the details of them yet.

When you say spray for a vacuum leak where and what am I spraying?

Thanks for the help and advice everyone.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk
    2001 Moomba Mobius

A rebuild is in order.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD