Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yea it's $1k is for the whole kit (4 bags and 4 hoses). Kit comes with (2) 1200 rear bags and (2) 540 midship bags.

I think there is still a little bit of room left in the midship but not a whole lot. Similar to how the 2020 Max is if you opt for the 4K upgrade but they put a false floor/shelf over the bags so you can still place stuff in there. Check out z28ke's Murder Max thread for what he did using netting and he has larger 720 lb midship bags so in theory those should take up even more room than the WM 540 lb bags https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ax-Mods/page11.

I really wished I had my boat right now so I could just play around with these things and take some pics or vids.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Yea it's $1k is for the whole kit (4 bags and 4 hoses). Kit comes with (2) 1200 rear bags and (2) 540 midship bags.

I think there is still a little bit of room left in the midship but not a whole lot. Similar to how the 2020 Max is if you opt for the 4K upgrade but they put a false floor/shelf over the bags so you can still place stuff in there. Check out z28ke's Murder Max thread for what he did using netting and he has larger 720 lb midship bags so in theory those should take up even more room than the WM 540 lb bags https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ax-Mods/page11.

I really wished I had my boat right now so I could just play around with these things and take some pics or vids.
    Wow, great info! Thanks for that link!

So, sounds like if I purchase the 2018 Max I will have to upgrade ballast. Next question, will the standard ballast be enough for us newbs to learn with or do I have to make this upgrade right away? Any additional info is greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

I’d say go ahead and upgrade to save from the frustration of trying to learn with inadequate push since you are new to wake surfing.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

I didnt even use the 540s . I ended up putting the stock bags mid.
    2019' Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    I’d say go ahead and upgrade to save from the frustration of trying to learn with inadequate push since you are new to wake surfing.
    Agree!

Quote Originally Posted by DNIXD99 View Post
    I didnt even use the 540s . I ended up putting the stock bags mid.
    How do those look in the compartment once filled? I think those are 900 lb bags but some say they are 1,000 lb rears and 1,000 lb center'bow bag. I don't know about you guys but my center bag always takes longer to fill than the rears which always makes me think the center/bow bag is more like 1,200 lbs and the rears are 900 but who really knows unless you weighed them from after draining lol.
    Last edited by haknslash; 03-26-2020 at 04:10 PM.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Well great news, the 2018 Max I am looking at has the WM upgrade already installed! Now I just need to get the CFO/Event Coordinator (wife) to sign off on the deal!

Thanks for the great info guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Agree!

How do those look in the compartment once filled? I think those are 900 lb bags but some say they are 1,000 lb rears and 1,000 lb center'bow bag. I don't know about you guys but my center bag always takes longer to fill than the rears which always makes me think the center/bow bag is more like 1,200 lbs and the rears are 900 but who really knows unless you weighed them from after draining lol.
    2019' Moomba Max

How well does your max pull with all the weight? Mine struggles to reach 10.7 when With all my ballast filled. Have wakemakers kit and another 800 in bow for surf. I also like wakeboarding with a lot of weight and can not plane with just factory and wakemakers upgrade filled. Currently has 15x12.5 prop. Ordered a 15x10.5 per acme recommendation.
    2018 moomba max with baby weight

Quote Originally Posted by Tt tbss View Post
    How well does your max pull with all the weight? Mine struggles to reach 10.7 when With all my ballast filled. Have wakemakers kit and another 800 in bow for surf. I also like wakeboarding with a lot of weight and can not plane with just factory and wakemakers upgrade filled. Currently has 15x12.5 prop. Ordered a 15x10.5 per acme recommendation.
    I was having the same issues, but I changed the prop to a 2419, and Its working great. I believe its a 15 X 12 https://www.wakemakers.com/moomba-wa...oat-propellers
    2019' Moomba Max

I have the OJ945 and it did great when I had 15 people in the boat and no issue getting on plane. We are at sea level elevation as well.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold