Default Salt Water/Brackish Water Use

I live in Houston where a lot of the water is a mixture of salt and fresh - so callled "brackish water". Moomba recommends using their boats in "fresh water only". Does anyone know anything about using these boats in Salt or Brackish water?

I've heard of a device which can be attached to the engine and which allows fresh water (thru a garden hose) to be flushed thru the engine. Does anyone know how this works or where to buy such a device? My boat engine is the Endmar 310 HP.
    RickHouston

Its called a "Fake-A-Lake" and you can get one at any marine store or from places online like Overton's. Looks like a toilet plunger. You put it under the boat in the water inlet and adjust the handle to make it fit snug to the hull.

Note: It's not just about flushing out the inside of the engine. The "brackish" water gets in the boat when people get in/out/splashes. Also in the bilge and sloshes around. The salt air/water will get everything. I'd drive to Lake Conroe.

Brian Raymond Guest

Default Fresh flush

Rick, Rinkers Boat World in Houston has a factory option inline flush kit available. This device mounts in line of the water intake hose aft of the trans. cooler. When finished for the day, just screw a regular water hose into it, turn it on and let idle for several minutes, no crawling under the boat. For price and availability, Contact Jerry the Serv.Mgr. @ Rinkers. Be sure to tell him I sent ya.Brian Raymond