Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

So I’m a bit confused. Do the 2021’s come with the puck style remote as the factory “transom remote” option? If so, why would anyone pay the extra $280 for that vs just ordering for $50 and sticking on yourself?

I have my 2022 Kaiyen on order via deposit and selected this as an option thinking it was the wired version....if not, I’ll eliminate it and order it via amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by WildH View Post
    So I’m a bit confused. Do the 2021’s come with the puck style remote as the factory “transom remote” option? If so, why would anyone pay the extra $280 for that vs just ordering for $50 and sticking on yourself?

I have my 2022 Kaiyen on order via deposit and selected this as an option thinking it was the wired version....if not, I’ll eliminate it and order it via amazon.
    Good question to ask. I would check with the dealership to be sure, but I believe the puck comes standard now. The rectangular remote, which is also Bluetooth by the way, does have a display screen on it. You can see song names etc.., and control the zones like the head unit does. Puck just controls volume and changes songs/tuning up and down. Or forward back, whatever you want to call it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

There is also a Fusion phone app that lets you do everything the head unit does.

2021 Moomba Makai

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Good question to ask. I would check with the dealership to be sure, but I believe the puck comes standard now. The rectangular remote, which is also Bluetooth by the way, does have a display screen on it. You can see song names etc.., and control the zones like the head unit does. Puck just controls volume and changes songs/tuning up and down. Or forward back, whatever you want to call it.

Well if that’s the case, then yeah...I’m going to just order for $50. 6x mark up is unnecessary for something that simple.

I’m finding a few things on the pricing to be a bit inflated for what they are. Transom straps ($170), guide covers ($130), and Spare Tire ($530) for example.

Well if that’s the case, then yeah...I’m going to just order for $50. 6x mark up is unnecessary for something that simple.

I’m finding a few things on the pricing to be a bit inflated for what they are. Transom straps ($170), guide covers ($130), and Spare Tire ($530) for example.
    I stopped in today and asked the dealer. The guy I work with knows these pretty inside and out and they had a 2022 sitting on the floor. The rear transom remote is wired and is the one with the screen. The boat also comes with a puck that you can mount elsewhere if you like. The transom remote is a Fusion NRX300 I believe.

I stopped in today and asked the dealer. The guy I work with knows these pretty inside and out and they had a 2022 sitting on the floor. The rear transom remote is wired and is the one with the screen. The boat also comes with a puck that you can mount elsewhere if you like. The transom remote is a Fusion NRX300 I believe.
    The transom remote may be wired now. But when I turned mine on to use it, it had to link up first. Gave me a connecting message similar to when a Bluetooth devise links up. But I guess that could still happen with a wired connection too.

2021 Moomba Makai

You are right about some of the crazy little things though. I didn't get transom tie downs with mine. I had some really nice retractable ratchet straps I bought for 20 bucks that work great.

2021 Moomba Makai

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    The transom remote may be wired now. But when I turned mine on to use it, it had to link up first. Gave me a connecting message similar to when a Bluetooth devise links up. But I guess that could still happen with a wired connection too.

Might be a handshake like when you hook up a USB or HDMI cable.
    Last edited by WildH; 07-26-2021 at 10:48 PM.

The transom remote is a Fusion NRX300 I believe.
    Is and has been a wired remote that works off a N2K network. Does not have wireless capabilities.

The wireless puck does allow for zone control, but you have to enter the "zone" mode and then tap to your desired zone, then make the volume adjustment. They are best when left to only work one desired zone. More user friendly. If you want multi-zone control at the transom, go with the wired display remote.

Man that is exactly what I had pictured in my head, but just have never got around to doing. I think that is a great idea. I was worried about it being waterproof enough and was going to "dork" it up more by sealing it with shrink wrap somehow. But from what you are saying, it will be a simple no brainer now. Thanks for posting this pic!
    2021 Moomba Makai