Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thank you for the heads up on those sun shades.

Fortunately when my wife moved into my house when we were dating we boxed and saved all of her kitchen stuff, linens, etc in hopes to one day use them at a lake house.

The couple we bought it from asked if we wanted them to leave the grill and lawnmower.....umm YES PLEASE!

Funny you mention tools, I already bought a big tool bag for transporting tools back and forth. I’ll also go ahead and get some cheap hand tools to keep up there.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by gtsum2 View Post
    Congrats!!! We looked at that place awhile back. Right now the inventory is slim pickings at Gaston...hopefully it gets a little better here before the summer months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Thank you! If you are looking at $500k + there are quite a few, but that’s not us lol
    2018 Murder Max

Congrats!! We love Lake Gaston. We spend several weeks up there each summer. What part of the lake are you on?

Doozie Boat lifts are fantastic. That's an almost 40 year old company. While they are local to Gaston, they ship around the world. Also its owned by the "first family" of Lake Gaston....GREAT people.
    Jeff

2012 Outback V

Congrats man,

I would seriously look into UV netting to hang on the sides of the dock to protect from direct sunlight. Find out when and how long the sun is on the boat, the boat will show fading in just one summer in the South.

Also if you stern is fading the West afternoon sun, Look into Ass Hat covers, they make a rear cover that is quick to install, I just got one on my boat, they are about $350-400

Also you might look into it, most lakes will not allow the use of cleaning chemicals on the boat, so you can only use water to clean the outside, this is one of the things that prompted me to get Ceramic coating on the boat.

A cheaper way you might look into is F-11 spray coating, it’s similar but doesn’t last as long but being on the water all the time the boat will be getting a lot more dirty then your expecting.

Main thing is keep the sun off her in the lift.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

you can hang netting from the ceiling. Throw all your stuff in there and let it dry out. That's what we do.
    2019 Mondo

All great ideas, thank you!

The lifts are done, my dad just bought a jetski so I’m picking that up for him tomorrow. I don’t think he feels comfortable driving/using my boat (but I told him he is welcome to it anytime) so the jetski will give him and my mom the ability to go see friends up there independently. I had Doozie upgrade it to 2,000lbs and add the platforms and remote so they can easily get on it from the dock and ride the lift down and back up.

Yesterday my wife helped my dad add a bar to the dock!

2018 Murder Max

Default Boat Lift Use/Storage Suggestions

I really need to find some time to get the boat ready and bring it up for the season, but prepping the lakehouse is taking most of my spare time.

Put down a 2 part epoxy on the bar top after my ole lady stained it:

Back when I was in early high school my dad went out on a far limb and bought a brand new (1996) seadoo gts on a whim. I learned how to wakeboard and wake skate behind it, and when I got my DL at 16 he let me take it to the lake whenever I wanted, so I entertained a few womens on it during those high school summers. He eventually sold it when I went off to college...

Fast forward a couple decades, and here he is on this 230hp badboy:

Rona or not, it’s going to be a good summer!!!
    2018 Murder Max

good lookin wavehumper. like the color combo.

now just remind him the first rule of ownership: wakeboat waves are NOT for jumping
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

We plan to be out at Gaston this weekend

Congratulations! We use a "boat skirt" to protect the hull from UV. We added snaps so it is a breeze to remove.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by The_Robo_Fighter; 03-26-2020 at 09:20 AM.
    -Blaine

2019 Makai
    2013 LSV (sold)
    1997 Bayliner 1850 (sold)