Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 62
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Murrieta, CA
    Posts
    1,569

    Default The 2020 Supra SE550 is a heavy girl!

    Rolled over the CAT scale this past weekend and was surprised by the total weight. This includes 800 lbs of lead (best guess as I canít remember how many bags I loaded) and a 7/8 full gas tank. I am guessing that tongue weights is easily 600lbs placing total weight just below 10k lbs. She may need a diet for road trips.

    The tow vehicle was a Ram 3500 dually. She is heavy too.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Boonejeepin; 03-03-2020 at 11:14 PM.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    1,613

    Default

    I would say so.
    2018 Supra SL400

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    5,246

    Default

    I like big boats and I cannot lie. You other brothers can't deny. When a.....

    I could go on and on and...
    My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely.

    2001 MobiusV - Loaded with Ballast, Exile, Blood, Sweat & Beers

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    1,613

    Default

    Social Media Questions of the Day . . . .

    A) "So you think there will be any issues if I use my 1500?"
    B) "How much lead are you adding?"
    C) "What is your setup?"
    2018 Supra SL400

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Henderson, NV
    Posts
    5,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Social Media Questions of the Day . . . .

    A) "So you think there will be any issues if I use my 1500?"
    B) "How much lead are you adding?"
    C) "What is your setup?"
    A) no unless it's a ford. their hitches, although class IV, are only rated to tow a canoe with a go-pro. chevy/dodge no problem if your mechanic is on speed dial.
    A.2) toyota/nissan? wait? do they make full size trucks??
    B) I usually always keep 2 nickels on the boat for backing up. will that fit within the capacity plate?
    C) people, gas, water, snacks and beer. what else is missing.

    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Vancouver WA
    Posts
    4,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    A) no unless it's a ford. their hitches, although class IV, are only rated to tow a canoe with a go-pro. chevy/dodge no problem if your mechanic is on speed dial.
    A.2) toyota/nissan? wait? do they make full size trucks??
    B) I usually always keep 2 nickels on the boat for backing up. will that fit within the capacity plate?
    C) people, gas, water, snacks and beer. what else is missing.

    you sir win the internet!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    6,068

    Default

    There is an app you can use with the CAT Scales??
    David

    2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420.

    SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North End Lake Lanier GA
    Posts
    8,107

    Default

    The ole Beastia isn’t that heavy, but she’s got a heavy nose at 750lb on the hitch. With the trailer almost level from the hitch to the axle its still over 650 and I don’t like it sitting like that.

    That was the biggest reason why I got rid of the F150 Eco and went back to Ram.

    Of course now my Ram is the oldest truck I have ever owned at 5 years now. But then again Beastia is entering her 8th summer of operation. This was after she supposed to be a 2 year deal LOL
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >

    https://vimeo.com/59208513?from=outro-local

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    6,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    The ole Beastia isn’t that heavy, but she’s got a heavy nose at 750lb on the hitch. With the trailer almost level from the hitch to the axle its still over 650 and I don’t like it sitting like that.

    That was the biggest reason why I got rid of the F150 Eco and went back to Ram.

    Of course now my Ram is the oldest truck I have ever owned at 5 years now. But then again Beastia is entering her 8th summer of operation. This was after she supposed to be a 2 year deal LOL
    Wild that the first gen Mojos were so nose heavy. Mine was around 700 lbs last I weighed it but I also had the center ballast tank full of 650 lbs of water so It was probably 200-300 lb heavier than it should have been.
    David

    2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420.

    SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Mn
    Posts
    330

    Default

    Anyone know what the tongue weight is for the supra SL?
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •