Default My Buzzin’ Speakers

I’m having an issue with my dealer installed tower speakers on my ‘15 Mojo. They have a pretty good degree of interference, or buzzing. I’ve already plugged in an aftermarket attenuators in-line through the RCA plugs on my amp. That didn’t help at all. Any suggestions would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MLA will likely help you with a response. In the meantime, you can give him a head start by stating your grounding info. Do you have all components grounded at the distribution block in the passenger compartment?
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

This issue is likely where they connected the new amp's B+ and B- ( B = battery) cables. Likely seeing a different voltage reference then the rest of the audio system. Once resolved, remove and toss those noise filters. Could be incorrect RCA's. Could be amp tuning, could be they used a line level converter off the back of the head, to gain an RCA plug.

Thank you both for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The biggest issue i have found when getting buzzing interference in the stereo is the stereo is grounded to the common ground buss the rest of the boat is.

If you have dual batteries you should set one up to be stereo only. This means all power and ground for the stereo only goes to this battery.

From Deck Power to amps, then your noise should stop.

As for charging the batteries you should have a Positive Selector switch to choose which bank is charging, being used, and or an ACR exp Blue Seas System 7623 ML-ACR Automatic charging relay.

Essentially when you start the boat, it will charge the starting battery to full then switch to your stereo battery automatically. Then when it senses the starter battery is below full again it will switch back and re-charge it.

I have been using this set up for over 10 years and never had an issue with a dead starter battery.

Also I run 2 AGM 6v Gell batteries for my stereo and an Ultima 12v gel battery for my main boat battery.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions
    Last edited by mmandley; 03-11-2020 at 10:44 PM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Mike, good to see you back.
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by ghebert1111 View Post
    Mike, good to see you back.
    Been a spell lol
    Glad to be reading the forums again, life got busy but I needed to prioritize a passion I still have, boating.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]