Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

to the point that it barely even moves if it does at all.
    This is a tuning issue or lack of wattage. A smaller enclosure of any kind will not make the woofer move more per say. It will increase the dampening on a woofer, which already has internal dampening.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    This is a tuning issue or lack of wattage. A smaller enclosure of any kind will not make the woofer move more per say. It will increase the dampening on a woofer, which already has internal dampening.
    My setup is all "factory" meaning speakers and amps. I am not sure what amp is powering it but are they known to be under powered from the factory or do I just need to have it "professionally tuned"?

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    I had my audio work and tuning done at Extreme in Katy off I-10.

https://instagram.com/extremeoffroad...=1d8xj53hes7y6

They are pretty much are the defacto shop for Houston exotics, doing dealership work for Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bentley, etc.

They've amassed a nice collection of SEMA awards too.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    Do you happen to know what they charge for tuning?
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

I don't know their tuning charge offhand, it was wrapped into my build.

2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

My setup is all "factory" meaning speakers and amps. I am not sure what amp is powering it but are they known to be under powered from the factory or do I just need to have it "professionally tuned"?
    I believe the OEM amp is the Wet Sounds HTX-6. It has a potential of 300W rms for a woofer bridged on 2 chnls. Is this under powered? No. Can the woofer handle more wattage and benefit from it? Yes.

When someone says the output is poor and woofer barely moves, the last thing on my mind is to place an enclosure behind it. With a free-air woofer, im thinking the opposite! 2nd to last, is changing woofers. 1st on my list is making sure that whats there, is working to its optimal levels. i know how that woofer will perform on that amp, and barely moving is not it. Something else is off.

Now, one drawback to that Fusion head unit, is that the woofer zone is tied to the main zone. Meaning that if you turn zone-1 up/down, the woofer goes with it. You can only turn the woofer up to the level of zone-1. Dont confuse level with volume. Im not saying the woofer will play as loud as the in-boats. Level means head unit level, not volume. The next downside, is the head unit default settings on the woofer chnl. Most do not know there are settings, and these will impact the woofer.

As someone that has no helm storage...what does someone store in their helm?

Last year I kept the port bow filled with a ton of spare life jackets and we used our mid locker storage for cooler and other gear for the day. Starboard helm storage I mainly kept emergency kit so there is a ton of room to be used both under the seat and behind the helm. Since I'm filling the mid locker with bags I'll be using the helm storage for the cooler and everything we kept in the mid lockers. Max got all the room for it

I have yet to get in and tune my amps since buying the boat last year. I'm sure there is room for improvement and better sound output. Once I get the boat back from the dealer storage lot and moved into our new storage unit I'll finally have some time to sit with the system and try to squeeze as much as it can. I wasn't really able to do that last year while keeping the boat at my parents house not wanting to blast the neighborhood and all.
    Last edited by haknslash; 02-28-2020 at 08:55 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    I believe the OEM amp is the Wet Sounds HTX-6. It has a potential of 300W rms for a woofer bridged on 2 chnls. Is this under powered? No. Can the woofer handle more wattage and benefit from it? Yes.

When someone says the output is poor and woofer barely moves, the last thing on my mind is to place an enclosure behind it. With a free-air woofer, im thinking the opposite! 2nd to last, is changing woofers. 1st on my list is making sure that whats there, is working to its optimal levels. i know how that woofer will perform on that amp, and barely moving is not it. Something else is off.

Now, one drawback to that Fusion head unit, is that the woofer zone is tied to the main zone. Meaning that if you turn zone-1 up/down, the woofer goes with it. You can only turn the woofer up to the level of zone-1. Dont confuse level with volume. Im not saying the woofer will play as loud as the in-boats. Level means head unit level, not volume. The next downside, is the head unit default settings on the woofer chnl. Most do not know there are settings, and these will impact the woofer.
    So a little update..... the Amp is an HTX-6 and the sub is bridged on Channels 5 & 6. I checked the wiring to make sure the + & - were wired correctly to the amp as well as the sub and all was good with that. I also went through all the settings on the head unit and made sure everything was adjusted as we had gone through them all before. I turned on a song with some decent bass that R.C. posted on here last year ( Meant to Be ) and the sub doesn't eve move. You can feel the sub vibrate slightly when you put your hand on it but it doesn't move at all. So......I decided not to add the enclosure and I am taking it to have it professionally tuned.

I don't know their tuning charge offhand, it was wrapped into my build.

I talked to them and got it all set up. I assume that they know the Fusion Head unit well enough to know all the settings that MLA talked about above....?
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Last year I kept the port bow filled with a ton of spare life jackets and we used our mid locker storage for cooler and other gear for the day. Starboard helm storage I mainly kept emergency kit so there is a ton of room to be used both under the seat and behind the helm. Since I'm filling the mid locker with bags I'll be using the helm storage for the cooler and everything we kept in the mid lockers. Max got all the room for it

I have yet to get in and tune my amps since buying the boat last year. I'm sure there is room for improvement and better sound output. Once I get the boat back from the dealer storage lot and moved into our new storage unit I'll finally have some time to sit with the system and try to squeeze as much as it can. I wasn't really able to do that last year while keeping the boat at my parents house not wanting to blast the neighborhood and all.
    You sub is actually moving!!! Mine is not even visibly moving. Thanks for posting this again as I forgot that you made that video. It lets me know that something isn't set up correctly on mine.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    So a little update..... the Amp is an HTX-6 and the sub is bridged on Channels 5 & 6. I checked the wiring to make sure the + & - were wired correctly to the amp as well as the sub and all was good with that. I also went through all the settings on the head unit and made sure everything was adjusted as we had gone through them all before. I turned on a song with some decent bass that R.C. posted on here last year ( Meant to Be ) and the sub doesn't eve move. You can feel the sub vibrate slightly when you put your hand on it but it doesn't move at all. So......I decided not to add the enclosure and I am taking it to have it professionally tuned.

I talked to them and got it all set up. I assume that they know the Fusion Head unit well enough to know all the settings that MLA talked about above....?
    While I only have a limited time in our boat so far in my shop and on the test run, the sub hits pretty decent in our boat I thought. I know our dealer did a little tuning as he mentioned they turn the amps down a little to ensure kids don't accidently crank them to hard. So not sure what the settings are (haven't got into it that far yet) but it will vibrate the boat pretty good with the correct song playing. I'll see if I can get in there this weekend take a pic of the amp settings for you to give you an idea where to start.

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post

They know the Fusion head unit front to back. They also understand the difference with tone (bass/mid/treble) settings vs. gain on the amps, as well as the setting for sub LIMIT.

My boat is actually there right now, my XXX is getting swapped under warranty.

Here is some eye candy from their showroom....the 458 Italia with the matte wrap is gorgeous, but the custom chassis for a Bronco pre-runner with a Coyote V8 had me at half mast

2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

They know the Fusion head unit front to back. They also understand the difference with tone (bass/mid/treble) settings vs. gain on the amps, as well as the setting for sub LIMIT.

My boat is actually there right now, my XXX is getting swapped under warranty.

Here is some eye candy from their showroom....the 458 Italia with the matte wrap is gorgeous, but the custom chassis for a Bronco pre-runner with a Coyote V8 had me at half mast

Good to know. What is the warranty on on wet sounds speakers?

Both of those pics are awesome but that Bronco chassis is sweet!!!
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans