Default Moomba Helix 2020

Hi

I wanted to know the best way to set up the 2020 Moomba Helix which i will get next week. Dont have the Auto Wake system though.

Wanted to know what you guys recommend for upgraded ballasts (brand/weight), as i have been talking to several people and have gotten mixed information on what will work best.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Have you talked to WakeMakers yet? Might want to start there.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Default Helix

Hey how’s it going. It took me about a year to figure out the wave for my Helix. I had to upgrade both rear sacks to 1140’s on wake makers. Once you do that you will be able to surf well. I am 200lbs with a skim style board able to ride with no rope. The walks plate is at 25%. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Skimsurf View Post
    Hi

I wanted to know the best way to set up the 2020 Moomba Helix which i will get next week. Dont have the Auto Wake system though.

Wanted to know what you guys recommend for upgraded ballasts (brand/weight), as i have been talking to several people and have gotten mixed information on what will work best.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

I have a helix your gonna need 1150 s from wakemakers and that's about it. I never use autowake I

I PM'd you some info. Hope it helps ya!
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Fat Sac 400s (Midship compartments)
    LeadWake bags

I have the 1100 lb bags I purchased from WM's. I purchased and used 1 year before I upgraded to 1450 enzos. My boat is a '15. I struggled with the stock bags in 2016. Purchased the 1100 lb bags in 2017, worked ok on Mojo but upgraded to 1450" ENzo's in '18. They 1100 have been sitting in boxes in my garage for a couple of years. Look at prices at WM and if you wish to buy pre-owned send me a PM and make me an offer. I think I paid 250$/bag.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

I have a 2017 helix, they can throw a great wave for the size of the boat. The stock surf ballast is not big enough. I put the 1180s in the rear and left the front with the stock surf bow bag. I run my rear 100 percent on both sides all the time. The center I run at 100 percent and the front I fill to 80 percent. Typical speed is 10.8 - 11 for the goofy I have center plate a 25 and surf tab at 80-85 for regular side i center at 25 and surf at 75-80. And I do like to add 200lbs of lead to the surf side.... Dont have any pictures with the lead, just the bigger bags.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by moomba156 View Post
    I have a 2017 helix, they can throw a great wave for the size of the boat. The stock surf ballast is not big enough. I put the 1180s in the rear and left the front with the stock surf bow bag. I run my rear 100 percent on both sides all the time. The center I run at 100 percent and the front I fill to 80 percent. Typical speed is 10.8 - 11 for the goofy I have center plate a 25 and surf tab at 80-85 for regular side i center at 25 and surf at 75-80. And I do like to add 200lbs of lead to the surf side.... Dont have any pictures with the lead, just the bigger bags.

I came from a 2005 Lsv that was maxed out for ballast and it threw a better "goofy" wave than the helix I just bought and I am super disappointed about it. I contacted wakemakers and purchased the 1050s Helix specific bags and the boat has the bow bag already installed, I have 250 lbs of steel behind the driver but still not happy with the goofy side wave. I have tried to add extra 400lbs bags to the rear and it just made the goofy side worse.
    I have tried about every combo of surf plate and wakeplate settings to get it how I want it but with no luck.
    I like to skim style at 11.3 mph

I have not tried to use autowake yet.
    Needless to say I am pretty bummed my old boat rolled a better wave than my new one and I am not a newbie to boating or wakesurfing so I am pretty frustrated!
    I would appreciate any help.
    2017 Helix

Wakemakers 1050s
    Bow bag ( Surf edition)
    Autowake