Default Amp Question for 2019 MAX

I have a factory stock stereo.

1- 10"sub
    2- 8" tower speakers
    4- in hull speakers.

The Sub and the tower run off the same wet sounds amp.

I want to add an amp to the in hull speakers.

How should I do this?
    What should I buy?
    Should I use my existing amp for in hull and then buy 2 amps - 1 for sub and 1 for tower speakers?

I dont want to over think this. Just looking for advice.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

I'm guessing you have a 5ch amp with 4channels bridged to power your towers and a dedicated channel for your sub.

Are you good with 4 in-boats or could you see yourself adding 2 more to the bow?

This answer could drive amp selection.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

A 2019 would be using Wet Sounds amps I believe, the HTX series? However, I do not know which model Moomba would use to power the woofer and tower speakers, could be the 4 or the 6. In past years, IF the boat was fitted with a woofer, the in-boats were also amp'd along with the woofer. If the boat was fitted with tower speakers, it had its dedicated amp.

2 things I would want to know, before making a suggestion. Which 8" tower speakers, as there are 2 options, and exactly which amp it would be, driving the tower pods and woofer.

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    I'm guessing you have a 5ch amp with 4channels bridged to power your towers and a dedicated channel for your sub.

Are you good with 4 in-boats or could you see yourself adding 2 more to the bow?

This answer could drive amp selection.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk

I am good with just the 4. Hell we get noise complaints already.

This is not my boat or video. but is what I have .https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE
    Last edited by flienlow; 02-19-2020 at 01:47 PM.
    2019 MAX

The boat in the vid, looks to be fitted with a 4 chnl HTX-4 driving the tower speakers on one half and the woofer bridged on the other half. Heres what I would do IF this is the case. Id go with the HTX-6 for the 4 in-boats and move the woofer over to it as well. This frees up the existing 4 chl to just drive the tower speakers in 2 chnl bridge mode. This will be a significant wattage increase for both the tower and in-boat zones. Woofer wattage stays the same.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    The boat in the vid, looks to be fitted with a 4 chnl HTX-4 driving the tower speakers on one half and the woofer bridged on the other half. Heres what I would do IF this is the case. Id go with the HTX-6 for the 4 in-boats and move the woofer over to it as well. This frees up the existing 4 chl to just drive the tower speakers in 2 chnl bridge mode. This will be a significant wattage increase for both the tower and in-boat zones. Woofer wattage stays the same.

ok, so just buy this and some cable? If this would works, I think it would be the type of solution I am looking for.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_867HTX...RoCHIwQAvD_BwE
    2019 MAX

I just added an amp, and subs to this setup. The stock amp is the HTX-4 (4 channel amp). 2 channels are bridged for the sub, and 2 are bridged for the tower speakers. The in-boat speakers are direct to the radio. I took the sub off the HTX-4, and ran the in-boat speakers to it. They sound so much better.
    2019' Moomba Max

Yours many already be setup like this but mine was not from the factory. The one big advantage of running a second amp for (4) boat speakers is I have the Subwoofer and Tower Speakers on Zone 1 and the (4) interior Speakers on Zone 2.

That way I can turn up the tower speakers on Zone 1 with out blasting the people in the boat and if we are just hanging out I can turn up the boat speakers without blasting everybody on the lake.

When ordering the cables you might need the Split Y Cables. At least I had to use them on my Amp to power all 4 speakers. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max