Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Depends what you run for ballast. It did not do it for me, I sent it back. 2019 450 Makai.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I also ran a 16 X 16.25 on it for quite a while. That also works pretty darn well, I did get just a tiny bit of gel burn from it. But I am talking tiny bit. A friend of mine also has that propeller on his and has not gotten any burn. That particular propeller is an OJ, not sure what number though.

Ya I am at 1k in lead and planning to either replace the rears with the 1300s or just add more lead lol. 2019 Makai 450 and I haven’t ever had a problem with this prop and we consistently run a larger crew. Does anyone know if Acme makes a 15.5x16.5 and if so what the # is for it? TIA

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by NewbFam5 View Post
    I test drove several boats. Supra SA and SL both with 400's and 16x15 prop. Both maxed out at sea level at around 37-38 mph. I also drove FI23 and RI237 with the upgraded engine that compares to the 450. Maxed out top end speed about the same but RPM's were higher for those boats. Don't know what prop they were running and I believe the gear ratio is similar to the 1.76 of the newer Supra models. Bottom line is with a surf or wake board prop you can count on 35-38mph with either the 400 or the 450 depending on altitude if you are running without ballast.
    Thanks, good to hear. Its what I needed to know. The lower pitch will mean higher RPM's and lower fuel economy but will feel more comfortable knowing the boat will not feel sluggish coming out of the hole loaded with over 4k ballast + crew. A top speed in the hi 30's is fine with me. Not using it for racing. I'll prolly call my dealer tomorrow to make a change order on the Prop. I figure that should not be an issue given the spray date is in April.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Ya I am at 1k in lead and planning to either replace the rears with the 1300s or just add more lead lol. 2019 Makai 450 and I haven’t ever had a problem with this prop and we consistently run a larger crew. Does anyone know if Acme makes a 15.5x16.5 and if so what the # is for it? TIA

Why would you want an ACME prop with the diameter and pitch? Just for fun? It would be on their website if they make it.

Why would you want an ACME prop with the diameter and pitch? Just for fun? It would be on their website if they make it.
    Ya basically for fun and to try a different brand. I have looked and can’t seem to find it so I wasn’t sure if anyone knew if they made one or not.

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

I see some post about purchasing props with fractions sizes in their diameter, like 16.5". While I was researching online I found that Props can be either fabricated through casting or CNC methods. ACME claims the CNC method produces a much more accurate prop in dimensions/thickness, etc. One distinction is that CNC props do not use fractions in their sizes, It'll be 14, 15, 16" etc.
    Anybody have a take on this. Is the extra cost of the CNC worth it? Does it really make that much a difference?
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

I don't think that's right because OJ CNC machines their props and they make them in whole and fraction sizes. CNC is always going to allow for more precise surfaces.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by Isaguel View Post
    I see some post about purchasing props with fractions sizes in their diameter, like 16.5". While I was researching online I found that Props can be either fabricated through casting or CNC methods. ACME claims the CNC method produces a much more accurate prop in dimensions/thickness, etc. One distinction is that CNC props do not use fractions in their sizes, It'll be 14, 15, 16" etc.
    Anybody have a take on this. Is the extra cost of the CNC worth it? Does it really make that much a difference?
    Acme carries many fraction size diameter props, go have a look on wakemakers.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold