Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rhouse181 View Post
    Some good news today... spray date accelerated to March 26th!

I'm sure there are some new schedule "vacancies" popping up considering the recent swing in the markets.

Hopefully we'll be on the water mid next month...
    You may want to double check that. Non-essential businesses are shut down here in Tennessee.

It's been made to seem that the issue rests more with the rest of SC's supply chain... they just don't have the parts to finish boats right now.

Just got news that final production has been delayed from 4/2 to 4/15, but based on how things are going I wouldn't be surprised if the delay lasts longer.
    Last edited by rhouse181; 04-01-2020 at 10:21 AM.

Desperate times call for desperate measures... thinking about swapping my Craz build to an in-stock Kaiyen:

Am i crazy?

Desperate times call for desperate measures... thinking about swapping my Craz build to an in-stock Kaiyen:

Am i crazy?
    I wouldn't. You should hold your gunpowder because the Craz you designed looks a million times better than the color combo on that Kaiyen.

At the end of the day it's your money. For the kinda dough being spent, I'd rather get exactly what I want, how I want it.

Just ask yourself if you are cool with settling for what's available at the moment.

If you wanna ride behind an older Craz, I plan on hitting LH next Wednesday when it's supposed to be 90°, hmu

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    I wouldn't. You should hold your gunpowder because the Craz you designed looks a million times better than the color combo on that Kaiyen.

At the end of the day it's your money. For the kinda dough being spent, I'd rather get exactly what I want, how I want it.

Just ask yourself if you are cool with settling for what's available at the moment.

If you wanna ride behind an older Craz, I plan on hitting LH next Wednesday when it's supposed to be 90°, hmu

I agree that the fire red flake would not be my first choice, but it's decked out at a pretty attractive price. Here is the interior:

If you like the Kayen and they're making you a good deal then i guess its your money. It's strange times for sure. I suggest you SIT in the bow of the Kayen before jumping "overboard". I'm 6'4" and can sit (upright with my back against the seatback) in the bow of the Craz and not quite touch the forward seatback with my feet. 2 adults is easy. The bow of the Kayen is tiny in comparison. 2 people my size up there would be a complete no-go. 2 kids, probably.

I really thought i wanted (almost NEEDED) the wider beam of the kayen. Honestly after spending an hour or more in one at the boat show I couldn't notice it at all.

Now, I'm sure the kayen is a surf monster! and the storage is pretty sweet. I just couldn't fall in love with it. In the end it was going to cost me $25k to make the upgrade to something I wasnt in love with, so I'm keeping the Craz!

But that's just the story from some dude on the internet who DIDN'T throw down the cash (me). It's you're money and you;re the only one who's gotta love it!
    Last edited by korey; 04-01-2020 at 05:01 PM.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

I agree that the fire red flake would not be my first choice, but it's decked out at a pretty attractive price. Here is the interior:
    The Fire Red is actually pretty sweet with the black hull. It's the white in between that kills it for me personally.

If the white section was black as well, the Fire Red would POP and it would go from meh to sick.

2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

I got a guy at work that's jonesing to buy a '10-'16 vette. he was ready to pull the trigger on a red one the other day and talked him off the ledge. he isn't seeing much in blue right now. told him to wait for the right deal. it'll come along. patience as they say.....
    same with the boat. I'd wait for what you want. in the end I think you'll kick yourself a year or 2 down the road for settling.

but your money...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Are you saving money on the Kaiyen? If not, I'd add to my build and throw every option possible in the Craz, have the dealer throw in an extra 1k ballast midship. Many boats on lots don't have all the options and building is fun!
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Are you saving money on the Kaiyen? If not, I'd add to my build and throw every option possible in the Craz, have the dealer throw in an extra 1k ballast midship. Many boats on lots don't have all the options and building is fun!
    The Kaiyen is optioned all the way out minus the pro tower and surf pipe... vs. my Craz was a budget build (Flow 2, G3, no autowake, etc). Compromise on the colors a bit, but getting a higher spec boat for very little extra coin that will hold a higher resale value in the long run.

I run a small crew with my wife, 4 yr old, and 2 yr old. I was already planning on upgrading ballast bags and adding lead to get the Craz dialed in, but I'm pretty confident the Kaiyen will throw a much nicer wave right out of the box.