Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Potential New Owner: 2020 Craz or Max

Hey everyone, potential new owner here... I've been cross shopping the 2020 Max and Craz, and I think I've decided on the Craz due to the more traditional hull design. I've been reading all the posts on this forum and hate to bombard everyone with another "what should i do thread," but here I go...

I'm here in Houston and missed the local boat show. I've been dealing with Rinkers and they aren't really coming to the table to entice a purchase and have declined to even match the Moomba boat show promotion with the free Flow 2.0 and 7 yr warranty extension.

There is another boat show coming to San Antonio in the end of March and I can just drive down there to place my order... think South Austin Marine is the dealer represented. Are the boat show "discounts" real and would this be a sound strategy to get the best bang for the buck?

Appreciate the consideration in advance and look forward to contributing some sweet boat pictures to this forum in the future!

- Randall

There are a lot of owners on here that are Rinker's customers and I think for the most part we all have a terrific relationship with the dealer.

If I have an issue, they go to bat for me and they are always wanting to make things right.

They go above and beyond for our wake community...sponsoring the TX Jam, GCWA events, Wake the World, etc. Last year, owners got VIP tickets to PWT Stop 1, which was in Katy.

Have you actually gone in person to speak with Jim or Will or Chris?

Or are you just conversing through email from a "Contact Me" button?

I wanna say the Houston Boat show was Jan 3rd-12th and usually you can expect the dealer to hold that pricing for maybe a month past the show if you had put down a deposit. I think you may be a tad late on that...but boat show discounts and incentives are real.

I hate to hear you aren't having the best experience with them but if you are in Houston you may wanna genuinely give it another try.

If the window has passed, you can't work something out and decide to buy from South Austin Marine....just keep in mind Rinker's gets crazy busy in the summertime and if for some unfortunate reason you need service work, you might just end up frustrated and hauling your boat to Austin. Food for thought.

If you are serious and ready to put down a deposit, PM me and I'll put you in contact with someone over there.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

rc is spot on, especially on the part about holding pricing. can't expect a dealer to sit on boat show pricing for months afterwards BUT if other dealers are able to get it done a month later go down with check in hand for a spray date and see if it gets you anywhere.

if you're not happy with the deal then, and sure I'll get some pushback on this, I'd head to the next show and order there.
    I bought my first supra from a dealer out of state and had no issues with service work at the local dealer and moved out of state 6 months after I bought my second new boat(tige) to an area that local dealer was an hour away and never had any issues with service at a competing brand dealer as they were closer. granted your experience may vary but unless it's a major issue the little nitpicky things that come up during that first year can be done over the winter when they would be happy to be doing warranty work to keep the shop busy.

on a related note, boat show discounts are legit, however sometimes you can get a better deal in the fall on a holdover boat so if you don't like either deal, sit out another summer and look for a holdover in october. might not be exactly the build you would have ordered but for me the second boat was quite a bit cheaper in july than it would have been in the spring at a boat show. worth the discount for the couple options it did and didn't have for us.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Thank you both for the feedback.

I'm going to demo the Craz on Saturday and hopefully we can hammer something out. If not, I'll try the San Antonio boat show next month. There are a few 2019's that a lingering in inventory that I'm sure could be had for a good deal, but the colors are kind of crazy and they are optioned out to drive up the price. I like the shorter transmission gearing on the 2020s too...

Looking forward to joining the Moomba crew!

Pulled the trigger on a 2020 Craz… now I just have to play that waiting game until the April spray date!

Looks awesome, welcome to the SC fam!

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Congrats and welcome to the SC family! Looks sharp!!
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Houston dealer?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by rhouse181 View Post
    Pulled the trigger on a 2020 Craz… now I just have to play that waiting game until the April spray date!

Looks great! Yours is the first I've seen with gray seats and tan flooring that I like.
    2019 Supra SL450

Really like that color combo! Great looking boat!
    '19 Moomba Craz

'17 Heyday WT-1SC - Traded