Default Raw water pump question

Hello everyone, first time poster here.. I've got a 2013 mobius that I winterized for the first time this last fall.. I figured I should pull the raw water pump beings the last owner said it hasn't been replaced in "awhile." When I pulled out the impeller this piece of spring or whatever came out also. It was back behind the impeller.. I'm not sure what to think of it? Is it something that just got pulled into the system? Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thank you.. I tried uploading a picture, but was having a hard time. Hopefully the imgur link works.. thanks again.

https://i.imgur.com/Qx5TEfZ.jpg

I have a 2013 mobius as well. I have changed my impeller a number of times and have never seen a spring in there. My guess it got sucked up into the system.
    2023 Craz
    2013 LSV

Thanks for the reply! I'm thinking the same thing.. obviously it doesn't belong inside where the impeller is.. I just wondering if it could've came from something upstream? The boat ran perfectly all last summer so maybe I shouldn't worry too much about it.. thanks again for the response.

Did it score the impeller housing?
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I haven't looked to see if it did or not.. I will take a peek at it.. hope not.. it would surprise me if it did as it was a pretty flimsy, soft piece of metal spring