Thread: Makai Trailer

Default Makai Trailer

Planning a trip with 2019 Moomba Makai. I am curious what the total weight capacity for the trailer is. Will have the extra 1k of lead in the boat and possibly some supplies depending on weight capacity. Thanks in advance.

https://www.boatmatetrailers.com/models_moomba.php

It’s also located on the sticker on the inside of the frame at the front of the trailer.
    Last edited by haknslash; 02-16-2020 at 11:47 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    https://www.boatmatetrailers.com/models_moomba.php

It’s also located on the sticker on the inside of the frame at the front of the trailer.

Thanks, it is currently in storage so I could not get to it right now.

6900lbs max for Makai trailer. Boat is 5200 so 1700# added capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Don't forget that fuel, batts, and any options you added (speakers, amps, heater,.....) to the boat add to the dry weight. Plus gear that you have in it.

Be sure to also check the tire sticker on the trailer. Not sure what the weight capacity is for the 15” wheels and tires on the Makai trailer but for the 14” tires on my Max it’s 6100 lbs. Just something to double check next time when you get to your boat.

Last edited by haknslash; 02-18-2020 at 03:03 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

i cant stress enough to go get your boat weighed on some cat scales. Mine weighted in close to 900lbs more than advertised. That is the only way to determine how close to the limit you are.
    2016 Craz

this topic seems to be similar to the receiver hitch debate that comes up every year.

comparing hak's boat to ours. our current whip is 1ft longer and dry weight shows 300lbs heavier than his max. ours sits on a boatmate trailer as well.
    interesting that our axles are rated at almost 600lbs less total capacity and due to the 18" rims tire capacity is 5600lbs compared to his 6100 for the 14" rims. would have thought the 18's would have less sidewall flex and could carry more but must not be the case.

that said I know ours is over tire capacity by the time you add 4 rev10's, gear, gas, bimini, convex-vx option and any other boxes that were checked at time of build. doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of the jl 13w7 sub box, coolers and 500lbs of lead we tote around but doesn't stop us from running back and forth to the lake.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten