Thread: Heater

Hybrid View

Default Heater

I am thinking about installing a heater in my 06' Outback. Where is the best place to purchase one, how much and how difficult are these to install?

Default Re: Heater

Quote Originally Posted by mattjj23
    I am thinking about installing a heater in my 06' Outback. Where is the best place to purchase one, how much and how difficult are these to install?
    skidim.com sell the 3 outlet heater for around 450. As far as installing i have no clue. I have read some threads over on wakeworld about the installation. So that might be a source.

I checked with my dealer on adding on recently (since they currently are doing some work on it) and was quoted around 1100. Was told mainly due to the amt of labor.

Hope this gives you a clue.

Next boat I buy will have one.

db

Heatercraft in Rathdrum Idaho supplies most of the heaters for boats. I had to replace my heater core and they were real helpful and cheap. I would think the hardest part is running the hoses to the engine in the bilge. I repositioned my pull out hose and cutting the 4" hole was mentally challenging but with a 4" hole saw it went well but you need clearance behind it for the compressed tubing. I use the heater quite a bit.

Heatercraft is the best place to buy, they sell direct on line. I would not reccomend installing where the factory puts it. Way to hard to access. I saw a picture in another thread where it was installed behind the driver seat. You will lose some under seat storage but will be well worth it when you winterize. You need to pull the hoses off at the coil to get all the water out.