Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awesome vid! Your demo vid from last year helped us buy our Max, thanks for taking the time.
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled

Hi, I'm lbrand new to the forum and I'm ooking at purchasing a 2018 Max and loved your detailed video and info. Question for the group, can you guys educate me on the big differences between the 18 and 19 models. I seem to be getting some conflicting information on the quality of vinyl and differences on the Autowake systems? Any additional info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Swervy View Post
    Hi, I'm lbrand new to the forum and I'm ooking at purchasing a 2018 Max and loved your detailed video and info. Question for the group, can you guys educate me on the big differences between the 18 and 19 models. I seem to be getting some conflicting information on the quality of vinyl and differences on the Autowake systems? Any additional info would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    Hey Swervy glad you enjoyed the video!

Main differences for 2019 Max models:
    • upgraded vinyl (outgoing Supra materials)
    • Gatorstep added to the helm center section above steering wheel
    • Gatorstep flooring upgrade is adhesive backed (previous was snap-in)
    • Gelcoat lines revised to remove the white "skunk" stripe
    • glovebox latch is different
    • Ballast sensors with AutoWake
    • A3 tower standard with surf pockets
    • I think Wetsounds REV speakers
    • Rear ballast bags are different, hex vent caps added and different overflow vent line location on bags
    Last edited by haknslash; 03-03-2020 at 08:41 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Thanks for the info!!

So I think I'm about to pull the trigger on this one...

https://www.nisswamarine.com/default...ownedinventory

Do you think I would regret any of the upgrades from the 18 to the 19 model year? We are new to the sport but have been long time boat owners (2005 Four Winns Horizon - I know different planet than the inboard world )

I can't say if you would regret anything or not. In the end both boats will put out the same wave so I'd pick which boat you like the most in terms of color, options, price, etc and also dealer support if you're shopping against two different dealers. I came from a jet boat and the Max is our first wake boat so yea different beast altogether ! I will say I preferred the 2019 changes as I wasn't a fan of the skunk stripe on the bow and I do love the surf pockets on the bimini. The only thing I dislike most is I wished the bimini were larger, especially covering more to the rest but all of the Moomba's have that issue. Really wished we had a longer Bimini like the Supra because sometimes you want some shade in those really hot days and would like more shade in the cockpit. Overall we LOVE our Max and it's a great boat. She needs more ballast than stock to make a nice wave but there's plenty of extra room to add ballast bags or lead plus still have storage space. It's a great boat and I don't think you can go wrong no matter the year.

Also forgot to mention one other change to the 2019's was different switches. 2018 were black and the 2019 went to a metal look style.
    Last edited by haknslash; 03-03-2020 at 10:56 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by Swervy View Post
    Thanks for the info!!

So I think I'm about to pull the trigger on this one...

https://www.nisswamarine.com/default...ownedinventory

Do you think I would regret any of the upgrades from the 18 to the 19 model year? We are new to the sport but have been long time boat owners (2005 Four Winns Horizon - I know different planet than the inboard world )
    Hmm. That boat seems pretty base-model. What is the 2019 you're looking at? My buddy has a 2019 for sale, and it's LOADED, for $72,500. For 5k difference, I'd pass on that 2018.
    2019 Supra SL450

Thanks for the responses!

The 19 I was looking at is this one...

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2019-Mo...ta-105765.aspx

A bit more but private party sale so no sales tax.

My problem is budget. The CFO/Event Coordinator (wife) will not let me go past a certain amount. I'm sure I'm not the first person on this forum with that problem lol.

I'm also trying to stay local-ish on where the boats are located. Trying to avoid additional shipping costs.

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Moomba vs Axis

I see these two boat brands brought up when people are shopping so I figured I would try and do a head to head comparison between the Moomba Max and the Axis A22 I demoed last year. I tried to stay as unbiased as possible even though we clearly chose the Max in the end. Both boats are great wake boats and I hope this video comparison helps someone new out there shopping these two models against each other. Obviously these are my opinions and everyone is different and that's totally ok. Hope you enjoy and can't wait for the season to start!!

thanks for your awesome video. keep it up.