Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Moomba Max vs Axis A22 video comparison

Moomba vs Axis

I see these two boat brands brought up when people are shopping so I figured I would try and do a head to head comparison between the Moomba Max and the Axis A22 I demoed last year. I tried to stay as unbiased as possible even though we clearly chose the Max in the end. Both boats are great wake boats and I hope this video comparison helps someone new out there shopping these two models against each other. Obviously these are my opinions and everyone is different and that's totally ok. Hope you enjoy and can't wait for the season to start!!

2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Edit - one thing I forgot to mention in the video. At around 2:43 you see the engine hatch open on the Axis A22. I am sure I'm not alone in saying that while the massive deep engine hatch on the Max is awesome...it's also a major PITA to use if you want to check your oil or inspect you engine. There has GOT to be a better way to retain such a deep, nice wet storage compartment but also allow for easy access to the engine. Hopefully Skiers Choice resolves this issue in the next few years. I'll give a point to Axis for engine / check oil access even though their storage is like a 1/16 of the Max
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Maybe a walkthrough like on the Makai/Kaiyen would help. Though that would remove one distinction those boats have.
    2019 Supra SL450

Yea I’m not sure if they would do that for the Max as you said it’s kind of a distinction they’re using for those two boats....for now at least. I know we can remove the strut to make opening it easier but to me that’s not really a solution to to the problem. I’ve briefly looked into cutting an angle out of the bin to help get around the strut but I don’t know or think it will help and not sure I want to sacrifice ruining my storage bin to find out
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Nice video! We didn't ever demo an Axis as the fit and finish at the show last year killed that deal pretty quickly in our eyes and at the show this year it still confirmed it. While I ride a BU during the week with friends on the river (very nice wake and good wave so A+ on that), on the lake I want my center tab for adjustability even while cruising across the lake where the wedge doesn't offer that especially a floating wedge. On the river its all business someone is wakeboarding or surfing the full time no cruising so the wedge is set the full time and works very well. I think about ever MFG and Model has its +&- just picking the one that works best for you is key and having a good dealer to go with it.

Is it spring yet?

it would be an absolute no brainer for us after sitting in an axis a week ago vs moomba. skiers choice has done a superb job creating a value boat that is heads and tails above axis.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I can only imagine how it would feel hitting a roller with the new stiff Axis foam. It would beat you to death on a rough day.

just like riding in the hard plastic seats of a tilt-a-whirl
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Nice video! Thanks for the time you put into that and sharing.
    2018 Supra SL400

Damn, would love to have one. Hopefully i can one day!