Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    What is the advantage of the pro tower aside from it having colored accents? Just curious.

IMO the deal killer for us would be the smaller bow and less storage on the Kaiyen. That being said you can get it with Flow 3.0 surf plates unlike the Max. Not sure how much of a real advantage there is to Flow 3 vs Flow 2 though.
    I think there are 2 main advantages of the Pro tower.

As I've come to understand it, the Pro tower folds to fit an 8ft garage door. (The Roswell A3 doesn't)

The second are the surf pylons on the inner sides of the tower. These are nice when teaching newer riders as they will land in the pocket easier without fighting prop wash.

The Flow 3 plates with additional actuators introduce yaw, allowing the boat to "crab", which is supposed to yield a cleaner faced wave...but I couldn't tell you if it's incrementally better or night & day. I haven't been behind a boat with Flow 3 personally.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Personally, I would of only considered the Makai over the Max.
    2019' Moomba Max

Having seen both at the show, the Max looks bigger. The bow also more roomy. The Kaiyen seemd to have a more luxurious feel. Tower is nicer. But, the Kaiyen is about 10k more expensive. I just built a nicely appointed Max on the website and it came to 82k. That means, in the fall, if you wait, it can be had for 71-72k. At least here in Mn, where winters are longer and dealers really slow down during the long winter months. There is a lot of freeboard on that max. With the new ones having 4k subfloor, you can easily add another 1k of lead bags and have a crazy wave without compromising storage. I personally think the Kaiyen is overpriced for what it is. It is a good looking boat though.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    I think there are 2 main advantages of the Pro tower.

As I've come to understand it, the Pro tower folds to fit an 8ft garage door. (The Roswell A3 doesn't)

The second are the surf pylons on the inner sides of the tower. These are nice when teaching newer riders as they will land in the pocket easier without fighting prop wash.

The Flow 3 plates with additional actuators introduce yaw, allowing the boat to "crab", which is supposed to yield a cleaner faced wave...but I couldn't tell you if it's incrementally better or night & day. I haven't been behind a boat with Flow 3 personally.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    Ah yea I forgot about those cool side pylons. Those would be nice to teach new riders for sure and I wished we had them. More importantly though I just wished the Moomba's, all of them, had a larger Bimini to cover the rear cockpit more kind of like how Supra's Bimini is on the FX One tower.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by DNIXD99 View Post
    Personally, I would of only considered the Makai over the Max.
    Honestly it would take a Supra for me to get out of the Max. The Makai is certainly nice and I love the walk thru and larger 7" display but I don't think I would sell my Max to get into a Makai but I could for sure see myself selling the Max in a few years to get a redesigned SA. That's not to take anything away from the Makai at all and I love that boat as well. I do agree the Makai and Kaiyen are kind of a mix in between Moomba and Supra or at least blur the lines a little more. That being said I absolutely love our Max and it's been a killer boat to own coming from a jet boat. I can't wait to get back out on the water this season and try out the WM kit to see the boat wave Coke to life.
    Last edited by haknslash; 02-10-2020 at 09:40 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I'd take the max. the extra foot and wider bow will be a nice feature as your kids get older and bring friends.
    This. I was set on the Kaiyen after seeing it at the boat show compared to the Max. I liked the walk through and updated helm controls. It produced a good wake when I demoed it...BUT after spending an hour in it on the water and in the showroom, the small bow size and relatively limited storage got to me...I realized that I would probably want to add Wakemaker ballast upgrades and this would take up even more of the limited storage and that while the bow area is ok for the kids now (ages 6 and 10) it won't be in a few short years and definitely not now or in the future for adults.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    JB

- 2020 Makai

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Honestly it would take a Supra for me to get out of the Max. The Makai is certainly nice and I love the walk thru and larger 7" display but I don't think I would sell my Max to get into a Makai but I could for sure see myself selling the Max in a few years to get a redesigned SA. That's not to take anything away from the Makai at all and I love that boat as well. I do agree the Makai and Kaiyen are kind of a mix in between Moomba and Supra or at least blur the lines a little more. That being said I absolutely love our Max and it's been a killer boat to own coming from a jet boat. I can't wait to get back out on the water this season and try out the WM kit to see the boat wave Coke to life.
    I love my Max too, and Ill only sell for a Supra. I really liked the Makia, but didnt want to spend the extra money. WMs makes a big difference, although, I didnt end up using the WMs mids. I ended up moving the stock rears to the mid. Ill be installing a new surf prop this week, and adding some custom plates for additional weight in between the rear and mids. Also, going to try to connect the additional bag have in the bow to the front pumps. This summer should be interesting
    2019' Moomba Max