Default Moomba Craz Props

Hello

I am looking at buying a new moomba craz. I noticed that there were three different props. one for altitude/wake, surf/speed, and general use. Is there a major performance difference between the different props and is it worth the extra $200 to upgrade it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan.Gadek View Post
    Hello

I am looking at buying a new moomba craz. I noticed that there were three different props. one for altitude/wake, surf/speed, and general use. Is there a major performance difference between the different props and is it worth the extra $200 to upgrade it?
    Yeah, there is a big difference and much cheaper to get the right one from the start.

Altitude and ballast are the main parameters driving prop selection.

If you plan on running extra ballast over stock, go for the surf prop.

The pitch, cupping and blade size affect propulsion very much like gear ratios in a car or truck.

An aggressive prop will give you better hole shot under heavy load while reducing the rpms necessary to maintain momentum...at the sacrifice of top end speed.

If you primarily wakeboard, the wake prop is more suited for those speeds.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Short answer yes $200 bucks is worth the upgrade, that’s pretty reasonable for most props. It also totally depends if your going to drive your boat heavily weighted or at high altitudes.

Check these guys out, there’s a lot of good info on both altitude and weight for props on here:

https://www.wakemakers.com/wakeboard...opeller-finder

I’m not anway affiliated by or for them. They were a great of source for me.

If your ordering a new 2020 and at low altitude, it was recommended when we ordered to run the new "general prop" unless you were just going to slam the boat all the time or higher altitude. The 2020 gear ratio allowed for a change in props from previous years which were recommended to run the upgraded props. I haven't had a chance to get on the water with our Makai yet as the weather hasn't been in our favor.

Does the prop effect the quality of the surf wave at all?
    2018 Craz, 3000lbs stock ballast, ENZOs, 500lb Lead Ballast, Still chasing the best wave!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowslydder View Post
    Does the prop effect the quality of the surf wave at all?
    Absolutely no change in quality of the wave.

Think of it more in terms of a gear change.....
    Like your truck came with 3.55s an then you swap to 4.56s because you decided to run 44" tires.

Prop changes are all about keeping your motor (RPMs) in it's powerband based on load & speed.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX