Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

subbox installed. Amps not finished but installed.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Wow that came out clean! I will be doing it that way next year! Just a few questions

Did you have any slack in those wires to move them around? Mine seem to be pretty tight.

Also is that the factory amp board? Also how is the amp rack itself mounted? Im hoping to be able to fit all mine on there like that but may have to do something different once that amps come in

Where did you get that carpet it seems to match perfectly

there was some slack in the wires but not so much in the steering cable. it was a biotch to move them over and zip tie to the side. I never got them completely out of the way and had to "push" them with the box. I kept the box removable should I ever need to replace a steering cable or access the heater. the panel on the front was held by 4 screws and once you removed them you got the black lined box to remove. kept a 10ft lead of speaker wire on it. only used a single L-bracket to install/hold the sub box in. in 4 years of use and lots of chop never had an issue with it.

that amp board was what was in the boat from the factory iirc. most are on the side but the launch20 had it against the front seat location. it was pretty tight to get the 3 amps on there. today's class D would be easier as they are smaller. I had to mount the bottom amp upside down as there was no place to run the wires. it was hanging by a thread on the bottom. right at the edge of the amp board.

carpet came from the dealer. boat was an '06 and bought carpet in '08 iirc. still recent at that time. it's pretty basic marine carpet. go online and there's several sources that sell it. they will send samples. had I known that at the time would have saved a bunch of monies from online vs dealer as I think they just ordered it online. it didn't come from skiers choice. my next install in '12 in our new boat I went online and matched. it was decently close.

feel free to reach out via pm with email if you want better snaps.

Sweet i ordered the new kicker marine amps and using the old 250.2 for my tower. Hopefully i can fit them all on that factory amp rack. Mine looks like yours.
    What did you use to cut the hump out? I would want to get it as close to the floor as possible so a jig saw wouldnt work because of the gaurd

I used both my dewalt battery sawzall and a dremel. took just over an hour to get it all cut out and made a HUGE fiberglas mess. get a good mask and goggles and cover the helm.
    once I knew there was nothing to worry about cutting underneath i got a little quicker and sloppier with the cuts but initially went slow to ensure there were no surprises installed.
    it also opens up a path to run wiring to the observers locker if you have a center ski locker/ballast cavity but I still ran all the rca/speaker wire around the bow.

once removed I used some hdpe on the bottom of the speaker box to keep it off the floor and leaned the back against part of the bulkhead to the bow. worked out slick. 3 or 4 cans of rhinoliner over the speaker box and in it went.