Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 08 mobius sub install box suggestions/questions

Looking to build a box under the helm of my 08 mobius lsv. Has anyone cut the kick panel out that the factory sub was in? Would open up a lot of space and allow me to get the airspace i want plus still have leg room. Also would be a lot simpler box design. Right now considering building around it but like i said will be loosing some leg room. Any pictures or experience would be much appreciated!

I haven't built one buy by boat has the Exile sub enclosure. I have removed it several times when working under the dash and it is a real tight fit but it's great. I have wondered several times about removing the kick plate but never gotten serious about it. There are several threads about it. Here are a few that might give you an idea on size.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....-and-Foot-Room

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWtx7yg84GA
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Thanks man i couldnt find that searching around. Probably going to build a box very similar to that

Also im not against cutting the kick out since it would be covered up by the new box. Just dont know if it would the structural integrity of the helm area?
    Last edited by jbird818; 02-08-2020 at 02:34 PM.

not sure if the helm on your boat is similar to the helm under my old '06 but believe they are similar. I cut out all the factory sub area and footrest. no structural issues with it.

I'll see if I can find the pics of the before and after. only downside to doing it iirc the steering and some other cables run through or behind it and does kind of inhibit where and how large a box you can install but I was able to put a 1.3cuft sealed box for a jl 12w6 with no loss of legroom under there.
    can't get to photobucket at work so I'll try at home tonight.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    not sure if the helm on your boat is similar to the helm under my old '06 but believe they are similar. I cut out all the factory sub area and footrest. no structural issues with it.

I'll see if I can find the pics of the before and after. only downside to doing it iirc the steering and some other cables run through or behind it and does kind of inhibit where and how large a box you can install but I was able to put a 1.3cuft sealed box for a jl 12w6 with no loss of legroom under there.
    can't get to photobucket at work so I'll try at home tonight.
    Id love to see pics of that too....Id like to do the same thing.

I'll see if I can get them at home tonight. they used to be posted on here but when photobucket went to poo they disappeared. I can't access it at work. dang websense blocker

So today i did get the box almost finished up to fit up against the kick panel. If it wasnt for those wires running through it i wouldve cut it out but because i couldnt find any slack in them i went ahead and build the box this way. If my math is right ill come out around 1.8 cuft buttttt theres only room for your feet. Comes up to the first cup holder. Next year ill cut the hump and build something different, probably ported. For now im going to resin the box, get it covered and put it in then start figuring out how to get 3 amps mounted on the other side.

sorry for the bad pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sandm; 02-10-2020 at 12:45 PM.

sorry 4 last post. photobucket seems dead. here's pics of the work. PM ur email if u want larger file pics

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

hole from hump removal

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk