Default Axis boats, I don't get it.....

stopped in to the 'bu dealer to pick up an oil filter the other day and haven't been in an axis for a few years so decided to kill an hour chatting up the salesman. they were pretty slow as it was a weekday.

sat in a '20 axis t22 and I have NEVER sat on seats that were so "firm" in my life. it was like sitting on a slab of wood. guy told me they upgraded the foam last year to a more dense variety to eliminate any sag down the road. they were the worst seats I have ever sat on in any boat and i've spent some time on some entry river boats and bayliners.
    rest of the boat was ok. liked the layout and the dash was ALL gauges/switches which was nice but I don't think I could ever get past the seats...

vegas SOOOOO needs more brands represented here. moomba(not supra) was here a few years ago and couldn't compete with boulder boats but having sat in this axis I can't understand how they didn't sell boats other than maybe they weren't trying. every moomba I have ever been in was 2x what this new axis was.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I agree on the seats in the Axis, weirdly firm... I liked those boats more a few years back. I have a theory that since Malibu going public in 2014 they've succumbed to cost pressure more.

I wholeheartedly disagree on the dash. I feel like it was designed by the same guy who design the Super Nintendo console. like some took a DeLorean back to 1994 and stole the styling.

My girlfriend put it a way that I never thought about (and I'm really proud of her for pick up on this, I guess it's time to wife her). All of these "entry level" boats are made out of the same parts, but SC/Moomba just did a better job at integrating them together. I agree with he on that! This year's boat show season (we went to three) really cemented that I love my boat. I was really close to pulling the trigger on a Kayen, but I just didn't fall in love with the size and the price increases since i bought in '18 have really made my boat look nice!

I think Supreme is catching up, but I was astonished at the build quality deficiencies of the Centurions. Like MAJOR gel coat flaws in every one that I've seen (like lines that had to have been laid out with masking tape by hand and not overlapping and meeting well), hinges and latches that don't work or line up. I was completely floored.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

i also agree. I bought a new moomba last year but looked at Axis extensively. Besides the seats being saggy, (sounds like they fixed that) and made it worse (too hard) but the boat itself wasn't built as good as the others. in 2019, they had the 4" BW screen, piping on the seats didn't line up, fiberglass strings under the seat cushions.. missing cup holders made of black plastic. I couldn't spend $5k more over my mondo. I was really disappointed.
    2019 Mondo

I couldn't believe how stiff the seats were at the show this year on the T22 I looked at either. They went way too firm on the seats. Almost like they need to be walked on to break them in. The lack of at least a little bow storage is a pretty big let down as well. Not a fan of the rough textured towers I saw on a lot of boats either. Seems like it would be a nightmare keeping the dead bugs cleaned off of it without power washing the tower every trip home. We don't have a local Supreme dealer so cant comment on it. But I have to hand it to the guys at SC they make a lot nicer "budget" boat than the other MFGs do IMO. Now that's not saying who is top on their waves or wakes, but just comparing fit and finish.

I agree with Korey on the Supreme's. I was just browsing at the boat show last month, they had a black and silver Supreme that was, quite frankly, a beautiful boat. The windshield was the smooth edge type, "frameless", it had large color LCD screen, nice interior and really nice exterior design for the hull. Although pretty hull lines do not translate to awesome waves necessarily. It was just a very impressiv looking boat, but >109k for a mid range boat. For that price I'll stick with a new Mojo all day long, and save 20k.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

I have to say I really like the new supremes HOWEVER if you spend any time in the 212 version stepping down from the sundeck onto the rear seat and then into the boat the tower is smack dab in the middle of your forehead. i'm only 5'11 and can't imagine owning that boat if you are over 6ft.
    not sure if the 232 is the same way. I know if I spent any time on the shorter one I would have a supply of bandaids on the boat and a few icepacks.
    it looks like there might be an option on 2020 boats for a forward swept tower but the rear sweeping are a headknocker.

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I have to say I really like the new supremes HOWEVER if you spend any time in the 212 version stepping down from the sundeck onto the rear seat and then into the boat the tower is smack dab in the middle of your forehead. i'm only 5'11 and can't imagine owning that boat if you are over 6ft.
    not sure if the 232 is the same way. I know if I spent any time on the shorter one I would have a supply of bandaids on the boat and a few icepacks.
    it looks like there might be an option on 2020 boats for a forward swept tower but the rear sweeping are a headknocker.
    I smacked my head twice on the Kaiyen coming from.my Craz. Same deal.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    I smacked my head twice on the Kaiyen coming from.my Craz. Same deal.

that's a bummer. I like the kaiyen....

At least part of it is the pro tower
    Its lower.

You know my friends 2020 t23 seats have really broken in and at this point are very comfortable. It just sucks that it takes 300 hrs to break them in.
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    1100lbs rear w/ 475lbs piggyback mid/ center 700lbs/ 500lbs IBS/ 600 lbs lead
    ACME 2315