Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Phase 5 Hammerhead

Anyone have any experience/ feedback on the new 2020 phase 5 hammerhead board? Curious on how the peanut shape performs? And why the change?
    2018 Mondo

don't have any experience with the hammerhead but i came across this video when i was looking at boards a while back. 2:53 they talk about the hammerhead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ture=emb_title
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    don't have any experience with the hammerhead but i came across this video when i was looking at boards a while back. 2:53 they talk about the hammerhead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ture=emb_title
    Are you riding or learning revert? Aka the board backwards. The board is great for learning revert, otherwise I'd get a matrix.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Since the Hammerhead has a square nose, it would increase the surface area making it harder to pearl.

But I do not hear people talking about that issue on the Matrix w/the pointed nose.
    2018 Supra SL400

Just buy the Matrix and you will never need another skim board ever. I mean if Parker Payne or Sean Silveira haven't outgrown the board I think you should be good.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    Just buy the Matrix and you will never need another skim board ever. I mean if Parker Payne or Sean Silveira haven't outgrown the board I think you should be good.
    Yep.......
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

That’s what i was thinking vs the new shape of the hammerhead.
    2018 Mondo

The Matrix is really advanced and not totally user friendly. I've known several to get it to only sell it after a month or 2. Hammerhead and Model X are great boards.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

that matrix looks an awful lot like the p5 daniello pro model I have had for around 8-10 years-ish.
    everyone told me that board would be too hard to ride BUT it has turned into the boat board that I have used to teach almost every new surfer we have taken out.

it's not my fav as I prefer surf style but everyone loves the daniello and if the matrix is anything like it, I'd jump all over it.

hammerhead is interesting but I can't say I'd spend 6 or 7 bills on it. looks like a fad-shape that won't last.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    The Matrix is really advanced and not totally user friendly. I've known several to get it to only sell it after a month or 2. Hammerhead and Model X are great boards.
    Hey - Don't jinx me!! I found a good deal on the leftover 2019 Matrix after my 2020 Wakemakers deal fell through. Saved a few hundred on that one.

We will have a P5 board review on our boats this summer.
    2018 Supra SL400