Default Marina Slip - Prep and Setup?

Hey guys,

Got some new property that has a dedicated marina slip. Planning on leaving the boat in the slip for July\August and curious on setup for most people. Some questions and thoughts:

1) How do people wipe down?
    2) Do you ever pull it out of the water to clean it up?
    3) What is a typical fender setup?
    4) Anyone ever use the Dock buddy setup?
    5) ropes\anchors to dock - how do you secure?

I am sure there is a lot more information, just looking for any type of advice\help to prepare for this summer!
    2022 SA450
    2019 Mojo
    2017 Mondo - SOLD

Below is what I did for one season before I purchased a lift:

I used a microfiber cloth while standing on the dock or leaning over the gunnels. I hopped in the water to hand wipe the waterline or used a dedicated car cleaning brush again from the dock or by reached over the gunnels.

No I didn’t have to. Weekly cleaning of the hull prevented any water stains.

As pictured, I had the buoys attached to the dock and not from the boat. I really liked the round buoys as if the boat shifted they would roll as opposed to rub against the hull.

Regular docking lines set to a specific length that were removed from the boat and left on the dock. It was easier to remove and attach the lines from the cleats while in the boat and no having to worry about setting the length each time. The length of the lines were set so that when the boat was at rest it was not touching the buoys. I kept a spare set of lines in the boat for docking elsewhere. After a month I added these to dampen initial shock on the lines when another boat passed: https://www.amazon.com/Dock-Edge-8-I...ct_top?ie=UTF8

Congrats on the new Mojo!

2020 Moomba Kaiyen > Finally on my lift!
    2017 Moomba Mondo > Traded
    2000 Moomba Kamberra > Traded

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Ken View Post
    Below is what I did for one season before I purchased a lift:

I used a microfiber cloth while standing on the dock or leaning over the gunnels. I hopped in the water to hand wipe the waterline or used a dedicated car cleaning brush again from the dock or by reached over the gunnels.

No I didn’t have to. Weekly cleaning of the hull prevented any water stains.

As pictured, I had the buoys attached to the dock and not from the boat. I really liked the round buoys as if the boat shifted they would roll as opposed to rub against the hull.

Regular docking lines set to a specific length that were removed from the boat and left on the dock. It was easier to remove and attach the lines from the cleats while in the boat and no having to worry about setting the length each time. The length of the lines were set so that when the boat was at rest it was not touching the buoys. I kept a spare set of lines in the boat for docking elsewhere. After a month I added these to dampen initial shock on the lines when another boat passed: https://www.amazon.com/Dock-Edge-8-I...ct_top?ie=UTF8

Congrats on the new Mojo!

Bungee docks lines, fenders and acid wash after the season to clean the hull depending on your water quantity and alge. I always add a second bilge pump sometimes the primary fails.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

If you have the money, buy a lift. There is nothing better you can do for your boat as far as a slip is concerned.
    2020 Supra SE 450

I wipe the entire boat down, especially below the waterline, every time we go to the sandbar to chill. Keeps all the growth off the bottom, easy cleanup at the end of the season.
    2019 Supra SL450

Use spring lines. This will give your boat some room to move/float around, but keep off the docks with out the need to for taught lines.

#2, marine growth differs lake to lake. round here, a week in the water gets a nice scum line. A month in and you need a pressure washer to clean it. A work of caution though, was it as soon as you pull it. Do not let the growth dry or it becomes a bear to wash off.