Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I like hot sauce for water spots as well. But another sealant for a quick wipe downs is Boat Candy speed gloss. i have a black boat and this shines it better than almost anything i can find. And i have tried them all.
    2019 Mondo

Just add a little white vinegar to any detail spray and even baked on Waterspots dissolve.

I use Carpro ECH20 mixed 10:1 with distilled water. I mix a waterspot batch and add 1 part white vinegar for one local lake that has hard water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I was just looking at the hula products. The polymer sealant sounds interesting (#14). What does it do differently than wax? Am I thinking correctly that it goes on after a wax coat? Whats the deal with the curing time they mention?
    '18 mojo

Quote Originally Posted by Surgical_ass View Post
    I was just looking at the hula products. The polymer sealant sounds interesting (#14). What does it do differently than wax? Am I thinking correctly that it goes on after a wax coat? Whats the deal with the curing time they mention?
    The cleaner wax has a mild abrasive in it kinda like a polishing compound but much finer...so it falls under surface preparation.

The polymer sealant is similar to the cleaner wax but more geared towards protection.

As for curing, it means the product has been applied and is a dry haze.

You would be correct in that the sealant goes on after the wax.

This may be old school in the age of ceramic coating but it's way more affordable if you want to put in the elbow grease yourself.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Yeah I definatley dont mind putting in the work. Sounds like something I will try. The price seems good too. At this point I'm looking for anything to do to pass these last few months of cold
    '18 mojo

At this point I'm looking for anything to do to pass these last few months of cold
    I totally feel ya!!

I put a wax coat on before storage last year. Would the cleaner wax remove enough of this to help the polymer stick or does it matter?
    '18 mojo

I put a wax coat on before storage last year. Would the cleaner wax remove enough of this to help the polymer stick or does it matter?
    Yeah, the cleaner wax would be good to clean the surface in preparation for the sealant.

Your winter wax coat protects the gel coat while stored but think of your cleaner wax like doing a clay bar to your car.

Stupid question but how far down on the bottom (underneath) of the boat do you guys usually wax?

Quote Originally Posted by Branden967 View Post
    Stupid question but how far down on the bottom (underneath) of the boat do you guys usually wax?
    Not a stupid question if your boat stays in a slip or if you have scratches from dry bunk boards.

I guess it ultimately depends on how OCD you are to spend time on something seldom seen.

I generally do all the freeboard to the waterline and stay off the hull & keel unless necessary.