Thread: 2018 sl 450

Default 2018 sl 450

Some of you may have seen on the Facebook page, but I picked up a 2018 SL 450 this past weekend. New to v drives, but not boating. Previous boat was a Yamaha 242. Looking forward to summer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Yamaha 242 LS - Sold
    2018 SL 450

Welcome. Nice looking ride. Looks like your little-man likes it too. I recall that boat online. You will love the boat.

Did you ever get your tower questions answered?

I know you asked if there was a manual method to drop the tower?

I think the dealer was going to look at your boat to see if the one side was (actuator or relay) was causing binding? I know low voltage can cause tower issues, but that did not sound like you issue when the tower was stuck.

Don't let that stumble leave a bad taste . . . .
    2018 Supra SL400

Thanks man. Yes, he is excited. He told me I was the best dad ever when I pulled up to the house with it lol.

I dropped it off at the dealer yesterday morning to have the inspection done for warranty transfer, and to have them look at the tower issue. I think it could be low voltage because I tested both batteries with a voltmeter and they only registered 12.2. I plugged up the onboard charger and it would not charge. So it looks like the charger may be dead. I will report back what they find. One other issue I noticed was with the stereo and the zone controls. For example if I turn off the front zone it will shut the sub off. If I try to turn the sub down or off it turns off the tower. Maybe some rca cables are crossed or something? The dealer is going to inspect this also.
    2015 Yamaha 242 LS - Sold
    2018 SL 450

Congrats!!! Awesome boat and you will love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Congrats to you and your little one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Lots of Supra owners on here to help out.
    2018 Supra SL400