Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moomba Craz

Default Moomba Craz

I have heard rumors that Skier’s Choice is phasing out the Moomba Craz and the Moomba Max will take its place. I went to the Bham Boat Show this weekend and the dealer did not have one Craz on display. I just purchased a new Craz and I am concerned about losing
    Value on this boat if it is going away. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I quit going to that boat show. It gets worse every year. Not worth it.
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

I got an '05 Outback. They phased that out a long time ago. If you sell it I think you'll get your money out of it. I've been offered $20,000 for mine.
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

Quote Originally Posted by rallcorn View Post
    I have heard rumors that Skier’s Choice is phasing out the Moomba Craz and the Moomba Max will take its place. I went to the Bham Boat Show this weekend and the dealer did not have one Craz on display. I just purchased a new Craz and I am concerned about losing
    Value on this boat if it is going away. Any feedback would be appreciated.
    No way that's happening. (If you already purchased one, what could you do about it anyway?)

Take a big picture look at Moomba's current lineup...

Three different ethos have emerged.

The Helix & Max are the no frills value oriented models that demonstrated with enough freeboard, you can surf behind a work boot.

The Craz & Mojo have higher levels of customization and fit the bill for classic/timeless/traditionalist.

The Kaiyen & Makai are the newest premium models that are the next logical step before getting into a Supra.

The 6 models (RIP Mondo) within the three ethos cover a very wide range of buyers.

...There were Craz on display at the Houston boat show.

I don't have hard numbers but IMO it hits a value/tech/size sweet spot that makes it one of the best sellers in the lineup.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Default Moomba Craz

Definitely staying. That max is a way different boat and there’s room for both in the lineup.

Local shows here all had the Craz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    2019 Craz

@rall- boat models come and go and if it is disco'ed there are enough parts sharing across platforms that you won't have any issues getting parts and as these things get more expensive every day, until there's another boat recession you will not see any larger decrease in value than a current lineup boat.

we can all speculate as much as we want but no one knows the genius behind Rick Tinker and what he chooses to axe. no one ever thought the LSV or outback would go away either and here we are.
    everyone anymore wants floating bathtubs to surf with. that said I could see it lasting another few years as it's a fairly recent hull BUT could also see it going thinking moomba has recouped all the r&d costs. I watched Tige ditch 2 boat hulls in the last couple of years that were only a few model years old and the craz has been around almost as long as the mondo was so anything is possible.
    RC mentions none of us know the hard numbers and no one knows what moomba's best selling boat really is(that would be interesting numbers) but sometimes to shake up the market again you have to kill what you know(again think LSV/Outback).

time will tell but frankly if we are starting the rumor mill I could see the mojo going away before the craz. mojo hull is aging.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I can see it happening, i bought a 2019 mondo and poof, gone. I don't see any issues with resale however. Its still a boat many like and to be honest the max and helix i wouldn't buy. Just don't like the looks. The makai style is growing on me but i would take a craz, mondo, or mojo anyday of the week. There are lots of buyers like me.

Me and a group of friends to the boat show this weekend and NO ONE liked the newer style moomba's. We all like the Mojo/Craz/Mondo styling far better. I suspect there are many people like us.

oh and, the Paragon is nice, but not $308k nice.. Supra is still amazing, and mastercraft towers look terrible. There is my review.
    2019 Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    time will tell but frankly if we are starting the rumor mill I could see the mojo going away before the craz. mojo hull is aging.
    I like both of these boats and I agree with this.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by jason1973 View Post
    I can see it happening, i bought a 2019 mondo and poof, gone. I don't see any issues with resale however. Its still a boat many like and to be honest the max and helix i wouldn't buy. Just don't like the looks. The makai style is growing on me but i would take a craz, mondo, or mojo anyday of the week. There are lots of buyers like me.
    This x1000

Max and Helix are still frumpy in my eyes.

Kaiyen and Makai are pretty cool looking tho IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    2019 Craz

Attended the Birmingham show. Only reason the Craz was not there was due to space availability. Sorry.

Rick Tinker