Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Overhead wake surf rack

Hey guys, I’m new here and have been trying to find an overhead board rack for my 2005 moomba Mobius with a Rat-A-Cage tower. Anyone point me in the right direction?

Quote Originally Posted by Taylormade87 View Post
    Hey guys, I’m new here and have been trying to find an overhead board rack for my 2005 moomba Mobius with a Rat-A-Cage tower. Anyone point me in the right direction?
    https://hyperryddesigns.com/shop?ols...head-surf-rack
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by Taylormade87 View Post
    There is also another design from a guy named Corson Piper. He was not on this forum, but you can find his email on this thread:

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=798147

Probably on Facebook too . . . . . I know I read about this somewhat recently.

A little pricey, but his racks were popular and nice to mount on the rad-a-cage towers. He sold the racks, the person buying the racks were responsible to buy the tower mounts. If you go this route, I have some mounts for the rad-a-cage tower in my garage. Bought them from one for the wake tower builders in Knoxville TN. I was going to build a homemade set, but ended up selling the boat. Here is my email if you are interested: [email protected]
    2018 Supra SL400

Thats really cool, but not $500 bucks cool. I was also looking for a similar system, as a winter project. I was kicking around maybe a surfboard foam cover with some type of ratchet strap to hold them on top of the wake tower. Im still kicking around ideas....

Quote Originally Posted by Branden967 View Post
    Thats really cool, but not $500 bucks cool. I was also looking for a similar system, as a winter project. I was kicking around maybe a surfboard foam cover with some type of ratchet strap to hold them on top of the wake tower. Im still kicking around ideas....
    I just use a cargo net beneath the bimini. Keeps the boards out of the sun. My cheap board goes out on the rack. $1000 to store two boards is pretty steep IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Turbinesurgeon View Post
    I just use a cargo net beneath the bimini. Keeps the boards out of the sun. My cheap board goes out on the rack. $1000 to store two boards is pretty steep IMO.

I like that idea! Got any pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Branden967 View Post
    They definitely are $500 cool, but I can also understand not wanting to spend that kind of money.

2019 Supra SL450

Ok Im digging that idea. The little hanging down bungees sort of remind me of Bob Marley, shag carpet, dreadlocks....

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    They definitely are $500 cool, but I can also understand not wanting to spend that kind of money.

I will agree to that cool-factor.
    2018 Supra SL400