Default Tower light mod.

I’m planning on getting rid of the halogen lights that came on my tower. A couple of them burned out and I would rather have LED.

Currently I have six lights, 3 facing forward and 3 facing back. It’s on a 3 position switch which oddly turns on a combination of front and back and not just front or just back.

I thought of installing 4 4” LED flood cubes facing rear and 2 5” or 6” spot lights facing front. What do you guys think?

Pic of my existing set up. The tower is folded down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its definitely worth getting the switches straight in order to run rear vs front.

I have a 50" light bar up front, but only run it for quick hits if we are parking at lake powell, or at the dock late at night. The rears are on a lot more often (in conjunction with the underwater lights). They are two LED 4" cubes and work great to shine directly on the wave face. I would do a spot light, not a flood light so the rider is not blinded.

Thanks jph3 that’s helpful. I order 4 of the 4” spot/flood for the rear, couldn’t find just spot but they are super cheap if it doesn’t work.

Made some new brackets to fit the original threaded lugs.

Next step painting an wiring.

Looks to me like the reason some turn on forward and some backwards is the orientation of the lights. On the left set the 2 outside ones point forward and on the right only the middle points forward. I bet there were the same when originally installed and have been rotated opposite what was original done. Looks like they would easily reorient to be correct with the wiring.

Looks like you're already past needing to know that info though!

Those new lights look way better and I'm sure will have a far better light output!

-Tyler

2012 Mobius LSV (Sold)
    2020 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by Tylerrnemt View Post
    Looks to me like the reason some turn on forward and some backwards is the orientation of the lights. On the left set the 2 outside ones point forward and on the right only the middle points forward. I bet there were the same when originally installed and have been rotated opposite what was original done. Looks like they would easily reorient to be correct with the wiring.

Looks like you're already past needing to know that info though!

Those new lights look way better and I'm sure will have a far better light output!

-Tyler
    Yeah I don’t know why the factory orientated them that way and I wonder if it was an accident since you can put the mounting plate both ways. When I got the boat I thought it was strange.

Got them on.

Looks good!! I am more of a single row style, but that would only be good for one way.. I dig your functionality.
    2006 Moomba Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by ajbrooks1 View Post
    Looks good!! I am more of a single row style, but that would only be good for one way.. I dig your functionality.
    Thanks. I like the single row too but I used the original light perches.