ok fellow boaters... what would you do......

we went out for dinner a few days ago and it's still sitting on my brain. we went to the local sportsbar that we like. food is always good and this meal was no exception. probably there 2x monthly. it's a pretty small place, maybe 10 tables(to seat 40ish) and a pool table then a pretty big bar that seats 25ish around it. guess it's 3000sqft.
when we sat down the place was busier than we normally see it. 2 working the bar and 1 waitress. about 6 tables sat for a total of 22 or 24 people. it was obvious that she was a little frazzled as she was busy. took 5 minutes to get the greet and ask us for a drink order as she walked by us 4 times prior with no greet or eye contact. she was obviously NOT HAPPY to be at work and it showed. 10 minutes later 2nd waitress showed up and this allowed ours to spend the remainder of our visit chatting with a friend that was seated at the bar. had to ask for a refill on the beer as she was not paying attention and still in a not happy mood and took almost 10 minutes to get her attention to get the check. they have a rewards program and she didn't write down our phone number correctly to apply to our balance- checking us out seemed to be a nuisance.

bill for dinner and a few cocktails each was $42. 1) do you tip and 2) if tip what would you leave??

I should get off my soapbox BUT it feels anymore like a tip is expected and I was raised that a tip should be earned.