Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Dogs in the boat

Wondering if any of you have large dogs that boat with you and how the interior holds up? I have a Moomba Max and 100lb German Shepherd. It would be nice to enjoy time with both of them simultaneously, but I am worried the dog may destroy the seats with a quick manouver...any tips, apart from having a better trained dog?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Sweet dog!

We have only taken ours out in the boat once since he is a pup and he did ok. I was a nervous wreck for my interior lol. Next time I'm just going to tuck thick towels over all of the seat cushions to put my mind at ease a little more. They sell those rubber nail covers for dogs and also sell booties. We bought the booties but never used them as I was worried it might inhibit his swimming ability since he has webbed paws. Maybe try those rubber nail caps and they also have some you can brush on like an epoxy coat but wife said absolutely no to that lol.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

We haven't had any problems with our 70# pit mix.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Also forgot to mention that clipping and filing the nails before the boat trip helped cut out some of the fears. I rounded off any sharp corners of his nails and had no issues. I was more worried with the Seadek getting little dents but no issue.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

I had a good friend that we rode with that took dogs in their sanger when it was just the 2 of them. I was always careful what I took and wore as whatever I wore always had dog hair on it. nothing like getting home and the hoodie is covered in hair.

as they say tho. their boat their rules

that said keep the nails clipped and towels around and your interior should hold up as well as anyone. that sanger interior wear was no better or worse with their dogs in it and they were 2 pretty large dogs.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Good stuff! Towels tucked in...simple but likely would help a lot. Considering booties as well-same concern with swimming. Will have to test that out. I have never heard of rubber nail covers or epoxy. Can't imagine the dog letting me apply it to his nails without a fight. That could be worth filming.

Glad to hear the seadek holds up good as well. I hadn't considered it would be an issue, but I guess it is pretty soft to touch too.

Thanks for the help!

We used to have 2 larger dogs we would take out routinely. I was very concerned about the upholstery and started off with the rubber nails, but they both chewed them off within an hour. It ended up being fine without them. I did not have any tears or punctures over the next 5-6 years taking them out with us.
    2006 Supra Launch 21V

Quote Originally Posted by scotthons View Post
    We used to have 2 larger dogs we would take out routinely. I was very concerned about the upholstery and started off with the rubber nails, but they both chewed them off within an hour. It ended up being fine without them. I did not have any tears or punctures over the next 5-6 years taking them out with us.
    I gave up on the towels and keep the nails trimmed.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz3-A2EB...=1gf9ehm4hffo7
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

What about goats . . . . .

2018 Supra SL400

Lol, that never occurred to me...goat in the boat. You could do a Dr. Suesse rhyme with that one!