Thread: Amp install

Hybrid View

Default Amp install

Working on installing my new system in boat. I bought the wet sounds WW-fuse dust block. But question is. Do I need to install a fuse right at battery switch too just for safety? Only running 5’ to where fiat block is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

on my last 2 installs I did not fuse it from battery to fuse dist block. I have not typically fused it if the wire from battery is going to a dist block. not that it matters BUT I only did this if wire from battery to dist block was a solid piece with no breaks.

in my chevy the main power goes straight from battery to an amp so I did fuse right off the battery.

all my .02 and sure others will have differing opinions. this has worked for me over several installs with never an issue.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Yes, you should have some form of circuit protection on the trunk line right where it leaves the switch. This protects the boat. The fuses in the distribution block protect those short runs and the amp(s).

How do you suggest wiring up amps to batteries. I have the Perko 2 battery selector switch. Never hooked one of these up before!

How do you suggest wiring up amps to batteries.
    I dont. Sounds like you are getting dont to brass tax on this install. This is the point where your equipment source can be a great resource for answering all the detailed questions you have and will have. They know what they sold and have knowledge of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut80 View Post
    How do you suggest wiring up amps to batteries. I have the Perko 2 battery selector switch. Never hooked one of these up before!

Agree with MLA, when I bought my Wet Sounds equipment, the place I purchased the equipment from gave me all the diagrams and recommendations I needed. I worked with them ahead of time to explain all the components I was installing: number of batteries, ACR switch, amps, eq, head unit, onboard charger, etc.

They provided all the recommendations on main wire gauges, fuse protection, RCA, speaker wire, etc. I'm not the expert in that area, but they made it easy. I would assume if you purchased equipment like Wet Sounds (or any other big name), the online manuals would have some of the same type of info for amps.
    2018 Supra SL400

I have a perko switch and dual batteries too. I wired my amps directly off of one hot post off the battery terminal itself. My power line goes from the battery post to a circuit breaker about a foot away and then over to a fused distribution block. The distribution block then branches out to the amps. Its probably a little over kill having both sections fused, but it was cheap insurance for a lot of power down there.
    I ran it off of one solo battery so when we sit in a cove and play music for a long while, Ill always have a fresh battery to start the engine up with....

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut80 View Post

Are you on FB?

Since you mentioned a WetSounds distribution block you might wanna check this group out.

It's admin'd by WetSounds tech folks and they respond pretty quickly...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1694259010663213/

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX