Default Best 6.5 inch cabin speakers

so i have some older (maybe 8-9 yr old) Polk Momo cabin speakers that are starting to sounds kind of crappy. I'm getting some "crackling" sounds and i'm thinking it's time so switch them out. The rest of the tower speakers, sub, and amps are all Exile so i was thinking of swapping out the cabins for the Exile SM65-M speakers. Any other speakers i ought to consider?
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    so i have some older (maybe 8-9 yr old) Polk Momo cabin speakers that are starting to sounds kind of crappy. I'm getting some "crackling" sounds and i'm thinking it's time so switch them out. The rest of the tower speakers, sub, and amps are all Exile so i was thinking of swapping out the cabins for the Exile SM65-M speakers. Any other speakers i ought to consider?
    I have 4 of the exiles powered by a exile javelin amp and they scream loud and clear. Not quite an answer to your question, but I can vouch for the exiles.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

good to know. they have them 25% off so that's hard to beat. thanks for the input.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

I would stick with a a true marine built speaker. Look at the build characteristics of some of the others. Enclosed motor/magnet v's exposed. Pigtail speaker leads and encapsulated cross-over v's old school terminal bridge with push-on spade terminals and exposed cross-over, composite basket v's stamped painted steel. Tinned or encapsulated tinsel leads. Synthetic or rubber spider. Some of my favorites are: Wet Sounds Revo and Recon series, Kicker KM654, JL M3, Roswell R1, Rockford or Fusion.

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    I have 4 of the exiles powered by a exile javelin amp and they scream loud and clear. Not quite an answer to your question, but I can vouch for the exiles.
    I had 3 sets of the Exile 6.5s, they jammed! They are a great value for the sound and the guys at Exile stand behind their products. Can't go wrong with them.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Get the Exiles, you'll be happy.
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled